Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Burn Alpha v0.2.91(quite a mouthful) is out

• 02-09-2002 1:49am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭

the best just got well better and its a hell of a lot better. more blitter options and toaplan support(not to familiar with it but i think some turtles games came out on that system). the new blitter options are really somthing else, they put everything else that came before to shame. its virtually a new emulator.

http://fba.emuunlim.com/ get it now people.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

toaplan where the guy's resonsible for Flying shark and twin Cobra! excellent games in there genre;)
    Havin't had a chance to download the new FBA but will do so as soon as i get a chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭bugs

Haven't really used FB for cps2 since it was scrapped way back. I think i tried recently but the current official version requires you to put the XOR's into the zips and i wasn't in the mood to do that for all the games.
    But this new FBA doesn't need that :)
    Nice blitter effects, i'm not a fan of super sai etc. so i don't care that they're missing. No blending and no transparency effects added. But all in all its great, much better performance than the others.

Note: the XOR's have been removed from razoola's site seemingly due to activision or whoever owns the rights to the games now making complaints.....weird, i thought that an encryption table that isn't actually resident on the original board couldn't be considered their property, but then raz never did tell anyone exactly how he did it and what it entailed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

i really like the phosphor effect. makes it really look like your playing on an old arcade machine that has been left in direct sunlight for too long and fux0r3d the screen.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

You weren't kidding when you said it was like a new emulator:)
    Only problem i can see is you can't configure the shoulder buttons on your joypad to all 3 Punch/Kick buttons which was dead handy in old Version FBA.

Advertisement