Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic League Rugby and other missed RTE opportunites

• 02-09-2002 12:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭

As we know RTE have lost some sporting events recently. However,there was a big Rugby match last Saturday in Wales.
    Llanelli v Munster. Why didn't they show this game. It wouldn't have cost that much and would have received a big audience particularly down here where I live in Limerick and throughout Munster. Surely this was an opportunity to be positive and provide something for us beleaguered viewers who would appear to be on threshold of another licence fee increase. The RTE Head of Sport obviously has in head in the sand and constantly misses basic opportunities such as this game.
    What do people think??

I am not bashing RTE for the sake of it , I think they produce some good stuff but the only way they'll improve is with constructive criticism!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭NorthDown

TG4 have the Irish rights to Celtic League.

It's worse here in Ulster where BBC NI aren't showing anything - we live on the scraps when we're playing away (except Ulster - Munster at end of month on TG4)

If this is on a satellite forum why don;t you get the FTV card or sub card upgraded to get S4C?

BBC Two Wales has Friday matches 962 on NI Card.
    ITV scottish regions on Scotsport (sundays) have brief highlights involving Scottish provinves.

If they could only get a sponsor now for the Celtic League.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭NorthDown

While I'm on a rant - does anyone know if BBC are showing Ireland Romania next Saturday? I see it's on Net2 but nothing in the listings guide yesterday of BBC NI getting in on it and doesn't appear to be on sports channels on dsat either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

I like the thought of TG4 picking up sport like this.

This was a new event last year, very much on trial, so RTÉ were not obliged to cover it.

As long as the Heino Glass, the 6 Nations, Internationals and some club matches are on RTÉ, I'm well chuffed.

Dont forget, even if RTÉ did show it, there is the case that they would be overdosing on the sport, and that there would be the regular complaints of "there's too much of that blasted rugby on telly"

Got to get the balance right.

Advertisement