Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

VIBE TV & Angelle -

• 02-09-2002 2:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭

Apologies in advance if this subject has been discussed already. I've noticed that channel Vibe TV repeats the same old c**p over and over again, promoting a little known singer called Angelle. If I catch a glimpse of her once more I'll slit my wrists. Anyway I'll cut to the chase, I was looking at their website to see what the channel is all about(see below) and noticed that she was to release a single on August 5th which was to propel her to mega-stardom. Has she succeeded in her quest, or has she proved that you need a little more than your own TV channel to succeed!!

Top 40 hopeful given her very own TV Channel
    Kingston inmedia is working with satellite channel Vibe TV in making the dreams of aspiring popstar Angelle come true... by providing her with her very own TV channel.

Kingston inmedia is providing the satellite backbone to Vibe TV, a 12-hour promotional package dedicated to the singer consisting of interviews, concerts, fly-on-the-wall footage and the video for her forthcoming debut single 'Joy and Pain' (released on 5th August). Available on Sky Digital, the channel hopes to help propel the as yet virtually unknown Angelle into stardom.

"Vibe TV is a great example of how satellite television can be used to introduce new talent such as Angelle to a large audience. We are delighted to be involved with such an interesting project." said John Dunlop, Head of Broadcast Marketing, Kingston inmedia.

Kingston inmedia is providing uplink services, space segment on Astra and digital playout for Vibe TV, who hope the success of the channel will attract other record labels looking to promote new artists in this way.

Steve Bennett, Head of Vibe TV, said: "Today's music industry is hugely competitive. Programmes like Pop Idol are flooding the market with everyday Joes with limited ability, but Kingston inmedia is providing us with a platform to showcase Angelle's genuine talents to a wide audience. So far we are delighted with the result and so is Angelle, after all, how many of the world's pop idols can boast of having their own TV channel!"

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by freetoair
    Programmes like Pop Idol are flooding the market with everyday Joes with limited ability, but Kingston inmedia is providing us with a platform to showcase Angelle's genuine talents to a wide audience

:p lol :p

she didn't make the Top 40 and according to someone over a Digital Spy she has been dropped by her label

the sooner this is gone the better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 568 ✭✭✭mfield

Originally posted by Mossy Monk

:p lol :p

she didn't make the Top 40 and according to someone over a Digital Spy she has been dropped by her label

the sooner this is gone the better

That's very interesting, I was always wondering why the feck that girl was always on that channel! God loves a trier! :p Superb TV - NOT!

mfield.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭CHRISTYG

Good news!!!!!! At least here in "the North" as RTE calls us, the dreaded Vibe TV and Angelle (real name Sarah Davies) has been unceremionously dumped from the EPG and is now only available on the (to most people!) little-known "Add Channels" facility. So I don't think Angelle's pop "career" has very much more time to run before she disappears back into the obscurity that she came from!

BTW- "Joy and Pain" reached a mighty high of Number 45, before dropping to 66, and then off the chart "radar" altogether!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Also said on Digital Spy was that Vibe Tv was set up by the birds rich bloke to promote her career. Fat lot of good that did.

Sad really.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

AFAIK, Vibe TV is to return as a shopping channel:(

Should be a grand addition to the EPG due to lack of this type of channel*

*sarcasm was used in this sentence! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement