Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

helter shelter

Options
  • 02-09-2002 2:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭

hey,
    managed to miss the aforementioned on Saturday - the question is.... did I miss much?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

i was working at helter shelter, twas excellent....
    any of u who tipped the cloakroom girl rule ;)
    and the people who run helter shelter are the nicest people you could hope to meet!
    the music was great....altough william by the smiths was played twice ?!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭shay

Hey,
    Sounds like I missed one of the better ones then so. Is it just me or does the quality of the night in there fluctuate greatly? Although I have to say that the people who run it are pretty cool, especially the cloakroom staff and the djs are quiet amenable to requests, which is nice!
    Hmmm, and I wonder whether any of the nights in Da2 will ever make it as a popular indie club.... anytime I'm up there it's bloomin' empty!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭GerK

Originally posted by shay
    ...the cloakroom staff and the djs are quiet amenable to requests, which is nice! ....

The cloakroom staff are amenable to requests?!?!? What kind of requests? :p

Drowner, is there something you wanna tell us? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭johnnynolegs

yeah drowner where can we get these requests ?????????

oh dear,

"I've started something......";)

• Advertisement

HAHAHHA

Did anyone ever see the Saturday nite live skeetch with Chevy Chase where he is thee "Land Shark"?

He rings the doorbell and talks to a chick, trying to convince her to open the door .. she says "I can't open thee door in my underwear!!" to which he replies "You have a door in your underwear!?!?? Well let me in I'll get it open!"

HAHAHAHAHAHHAAH ...AHHA.....HA .... HA ...H ah .. ahah ha *cough*

*watches tumble weedd bounce by*

guess u had to be there .....

whatddya mean the cloakroom staff are ammenable to requests???????????
    what the **** did i do???????
    someone vomitted on the cloakroom door on saturday...vomit seems to follow me around in little puddles, pointing and laughing at me....

if im working helter shelter i notcie how good the music is, they play loads of songs i love that dont get a chance anywhere else, and the songs they play i dont know are good too.

ive been promised a request every time i go there but i never get one!!!!!!!! maybe because i never ask!!!!

Hmmm, looks like my punctuation let me down and I've been misquoted!
    Apologies to thedrowner for any insinuations drawn - I have absolutely no idea if the she or any of the cloakroom staff are amenable to requests, other than those strictly work related!

Phew... hope that clarifies things and I don't find something nasty in my coat when leaving Helter Shelter next time.....:eek:

well if you tip me at least 3 euro's i probably wont leave anything in your coat, other than a note of thanks

someone tipped me 10 euro once. that was nice.
    i love drunk people.

• Advertisement

Methinks a 3 euro tip makes more sense than an 8 euro dry cleaning bill....
    consider it done;)

Advertisement