Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RTE not in value pack

• 02-09-2002 5:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,338 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Guys, just got the new contracts in from Sky and I can confirm that the family pack is necessary (€26.99) to Receive RTE etc and BBC.

Tony

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭dmeehan

slightly topical...

is the family pack staying at E26.99 after 1 years contract expires?

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Noticed that the RTE's didn't work some time ago with anything less than FamilyPack (though it's the best package anyway)

The FamPack has went from €27 to €26.99, dmeehan, but all packages above went up. Maybe they dont want people to subscribe to the movies and sports! :rolleyes: :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭seano

Am I the only one here who is pissed off with the fact that you are expected to subscribe to the Family Pack for RTE.
    Fair enough the Value Pack.
    What about the people who signed up in May for RTE and Sky one only,,now they have to fork out another 10 euro just to get RTE back.

SKY W#nkers!!!

Looks like Sky has everyone here in its back pocket.
    I wonder will you all so quiet when you have to have at least Sky World for BBC etc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

I would imagine that most people with Sky are on the Family pack or higher. So to them it doesn't matter a damn if the Irish Terrestrials are free or not.

• Advertisement

That is not the point..
    Sky take RTE on board in May and make sure that the media etc hear of how good a deal it is for everyone.RTE get on for next to nothing and the customer gets it along with the value packet.

I read here about irish customers been treated as second class citizens etc,,inferior services etc, this is worse they are taking the piss out of us now.
    Anyhow I have come to the conclusion that RTE is not even worth the 19 euro Value pack even here in Holland and Sky shall be getting a letter in 3 weeks time that all payments by my credit card have been cancelled, and that I shall be returning to free viewing with the FTV card.

I omitted to add that the contract was signed on 28 Aug 2002 so I called from Holland<no number block> complained and because they are so kind I got the family pack for one month @ 19 euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭jez

Not forgetting the fact of course that some of the Key RTE programmes such as tomorrow's game and previous GAA matches and no doubt next seasons championship etc are not shown on Sky. Therefore anyone in Ireland getting Sky Digital for the domestic channels is wasting their time unless of course they can only get very poor aerial reception. Surely this blocking of matches should become a Public Issue at this stage.???

It doesn't matter whose fault it the people who get RTE on sky digital have to put up with blank screens .This is unacceptable and should be sorted....

How I don't know -but I reckon publicity would be the best start.

Embarass people. i.. e Government ,RTE, BCI and the GAA

With the ways things are going you are not even gaurenteed that that the News is on RTE with satellite because of this rights crap.

Advertisement