Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sweat

Options
  • 02-09-2002 11:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Have a bit of a prob and looking for some tips

If i was at a club(dancing) / *nervous situation, now it could be room temperature, i would be sweating like a sweaty man at a sweating party held in a suana.

Now what i mean by sweating is my head would be absolutly soaked in sweat and my back would be absolutly dreanched and my hands would be a slight bit slippy as well

Now is normal situations im grand or if i was just sitting in a pub chatting or whatever. *The problem really begins when i try to chat up a girl, thats when the waterworks begin

What i really looking for is tips to stop the sweating, does going to the gym or something work ? tips tips tips plz

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

So are you saying that it seems to be brought on by you being as nervous as hell?

If so... um try and relax? OK OK easy to say, sorry. I guess get to the root of the reasons why you are nervous. Worried about what you will say? Nervous about whether or not you have a piece of spinach between your teet? Nervous about the fact that you are nervous and she can see you being nervous and maybe she sees a bead of sweat follicise on your brow and, gosh, maybe that disgusts her, oh no, maybe she thinks I'm a psychopath, oh crap - get me out of here..!!

Or is it because you think that you are under exercised?

I used to be like that because I was nervous of how people would see me and wondered if I would say the wrong things and offend or not make happy enough, but then I started not to give a toss because I am happy talking about the stuff I like talking - and listening to/about and if people don't want to listen they can go and talk to someone else. What notch are you on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

how much salt is in your diet as sweating the the only way your body can get rid of it . you could check with the doc as there are several things that might help and all just lil tweaks to your lifestyle

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Thats the way i felt in viva the other night.. boy was it hot in there. Mind you i did have a leather jacket on for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭GUI

Ok hope u understand this

You can become nervous about sweating happening next time..
    So psychologically..
    you can become sub-consciously afraid that it will happen the next time you come into a similar situation..

I hope i didnt lose u there?

So u can be nervous that u will become nervous and this will start the chain reaction to sweat?
    You can get a roll on, my m8 uses it..
    puts on the arm pits and stops sweating there..
    Ill pm u the name of it if u want too.
    Its expensive though.. comes with a power

As for nite club..
    Drink water..
    Alchohol stimulates the symathetic nervous system that is in control of the 3 stimuli HEIGHT ,FLIGHT ,FREIGHT
    Third one applies to u..
    Stimulates it, and triggers the sweating.

If its outta hand and u think
    **** this not living with this ****e..
    theres day surgery procedure u can get..
    really simply
    where they cut one of the symathetic nervous on the left and the
    right hand side of the rib cage with a 1/12inch incision..
    and these nerves can no longer carry the pulses to stimulate
    sweating in the arm pits or head..
    u can suffer side-affects called Compesatory sweating but..
    there minmial on ur back and chest..
    hidden away!

hope this helped..
    m8 had it for years ,hes cool now though

sweating to much is a recognised disorder

named
    hyperhidroisis

the surgery i said was called
    micro ets..
    its alot safer now because..

no inflating of the lungs or that required
    5 years ago it was dangerous surgery
    not now :-)
    u gotta go outside ireland for it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Instead of surgery maybe you sould just try and find women who like sweaty blokes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 ohgratuitous

all of the above and discuss also with your doctor, if you haven't already, the possibility of having some sweat glands removed (was that mentioned already?). failing that, or not even failing that (although it's a little draconian) get the uber strength (medical stuff) anti-perspirant. my mate uses it and it works a treat…

that surgery is very dangerous..
    who ever recommended it..
    forgot to mention!

Getting Sweating Glands removed!
    I was referening too..

Be a tad bit easier to just stop the nerve's supply
    signals to the sweat glands ..
    its also a very safe procedure!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 ohgratuitous

oh, is it? i had been led to believe that recently they had modified the procedure so that it is less dangerous. of course, it's not ideal.

• Advertisement

ya apparently..
    high possibility of scaring the tissue around the sweat glands.
    leading to permanent damage..
    but go consult your doctor

Micro ETS is the safest i believe..

1/12 inc incision
    Day surgery, you go home same day

Only thing is 1 guy in the whole world performs it :-/
    He pionnered the technique

http://www.etsus.com/html/ets.html

for all ye sweating ppl out there!

They Guy who registered this post:

Now what i mean by sweating is my head would be absolutly soaked in sweat and my back would be absolutly dreanched and my hands would be a slight bit slippy as well

i reckon u got hyperhidrosis!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

By any change ... did you take any illegal sub stances before you went "dancing"?

If you did that might be why. Were anyone else in the club in a similar situation to you where by they were sweating like a pedo on a bouncing castle?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭l3rian

yeah i sweat like a rapist too :D

tips: anti-perspirant for the smelly pits and black shirts to desguise the problem

Advertisement