Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

good graphics card?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭superfly

aww! c'mon guys i thought you were the experts on this sort of stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Lucifer

give it a bit of time and you should find the answers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

perhaps if you posted on the right board :)
    at the moment theres a discussion about the geforce4 on technology. personally I think 128mb ram on an mx card is pointless due to the lower memory bandwidth on those particular cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Well....ive never seen a Geforce4 mx440 with 129mb of ram before. My one has only 64 :( ...still it kicks ass :)

The Geforce4 mx440 is a good card.... and i would get one. Make sure your mobo can handle it though ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

prob better off getting a lower end ti, mx's won't be worth sh|t by the time doom 3 comes out (i'm probably wrong, but i feel a bit argumentative today)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

ye might consider this:
    http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?action=info&p=23325&t=278&l=2&AvdID=1&CatID=24&GrpID=1&s=pl

beats the pants of an mx 440.
    good offer too methinks.

facta

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Found this good link which shows how all the major graphics card scale with cpu. something worth bearing in mind.

anandtech article

the ti4200 did pretty sweet, nearly 200 fps in high detail

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭BabyEater

Radeon 8500 is cheap
    Ti4200 is also cheap and a classy card

• Advertisement
Advertisement