Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gig of the week...free pints...it just gets better!

Options
  • 03-09-2002 11:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭

just a reminder about tomorrow night:
    FUTURE KINGS OF SPAIN launch their debut single with support from BERKELEY, BOXES and ROSCOE. It's from 7.30pm at the Music Centre, €7 and there'll be a Coors Light promo on...basically get down early for free scoops (I think the first 100 get free ones). GIG OF THE WEEK!!

"Future Kings Of Spain do squalling guitars, punishing basslines and furious drums tightly drilled to sound almost out of control but still with a pop edge, and they do it exceptionally well".
    DUBLIN EVENT GUIDE.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭Tom182

It will be well worth the 7 spondooligs just to see ROSCOE!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

i won ticks on saturday ...nice!

you were lying bout the free booze... i hate when ppl lie bout free booze, gets me every time!

anyway good gig!

i was bought 2 badges, highlight of my week so far

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

************flashback****************

I bought you a FKOS badge!! In a very unusual display of generosity!!! (I recall nearly buying you a pint as well.)

Here, question now for you. In a more usual display of ignorance, what's the film you had playing behind you in the TBMC the night you played with the wundaful Skylight and Blotooth? I meant to ask you the other night but I was distracted and drunk. Blame Eugene.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

stop pretending to be little miss tough guy...or gal...sorry...stop trying to be little miss tough gal...ya bought me loadsa pints on wednesday so there!!!!! *sticks out tongue*

mwah ha ha ha ha

anyhoo...polarbellys avatar is from that film...at least it looked it from the one that was playing on the screens...

• Advertisement

my avatar(great word) is from 'casablanca' (what an amazing movie you should all go buy it/rent it now)

the movie we had on behind us in the music centre that night was 'the third man'... one of my fave movies... black and white rules!!!

and thank you to both silverfish and kurdt for my marvelous badges!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭madouva

I was not lying. I was informed that there would be a number of cases of Coors Light or some such booze put aside for the first X amount of people. I'll do some digging, but if it didn't happen, it's not down to me.

I would never put a "free booze" message up in a vague attempt to lure people to a show. I'd like to think the bands themselves can take care of that much!

Cheers
    Madouva

my lying post was in good humour...but there was definitely no free booze

Advertisement