Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FTA due soon

• 03-09-2002 1:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭

my FTA card is due soon. my cousin rang today to say he got in the post today. iT will be here next week and i am on holidays. so
    has anybody recently registered a card. what do they ask.

i know i have looked at other threads and i know the score but i need some recent information.

!. i ring the number using 141 before my number to block my home number being sent.

2. i need my box serial number and what else.

3. i use his number and address information and then leave the card in the box for 24hrs until all the channels come in. can i watch the channels while i wait for them to come in.

Thanks and sorry if i bother anyone by asking this as i said i have looked in another threads but i need recent info having heard they are cracking down.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

I found the best thing to do was to ask your friend/cousin in the UK to ring for you. Once you recieve the card, put it into the digibox, then go to the system details screen. Write down all of the information on it and give that info to your cousin. Get him to ring and he will have whatever information they ask for.

According to other threads, the channels have been coming in a bit quicker recently.

You can watch any FTV/FTA channel while waiting for them all to become active.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 jjcole

Hi

I just got my card 2 weeks ago from relatives in the UK and it was as simple as ringing up the Scottish number (it is Sky in Scotland) and giving thm the card and box number. I used my mobile with the number forwarding turned off and didn't even try an accent on, sure you could be an Irishman living and working in London for all they know. I now have all the channels from the London region which are great. The guy at the other end of the phone was very friendly and averything was very businesslike and quick. So, I'd ring them yourself, I got all my channels within 4 hours.

good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Leesider

I activated a card last week. All the channels were there within 2 hours, with the exception of BBC1, which took an incredible 27 hours.

I was asked for postcode, name, street, house number, box serial number and version. they also asked for a telephone number.

The girl said they used Consignia's (formerly Royal Mail) database system to verify postcodes (you can check for yourself on www.consignia.co.uk).

They are usually pleasant people to deal with, but like everywhere else, you can get the odd toughie to deal with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by Leesider
    which took an incredible 27 hours

it took me 37 hours which was bordering on taking the piss but it was worth it

Advertisement