Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

More Setanta Sports

• 03-09-2002 1:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 807 ✭✭✭

Just noticed it now on the FTV card - Sentanta Sports 1 & 2 Ch 435/436 - One channels just mustnt have been enough to get that crowded line up into!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭CHRISTYG

On the subject of Setanta Sports, does anyone know as fact when (or if) the SPL PPVs start? I was led to believe (as was everyone) that ALL the matches (yes, EVERY one of them) that were live on BBC Scotland would be offered PPV with Setanta. Now, forgive me for bringing the truth into this argument, but 2 or 3 SPL games have already been on BBC Scotland, but I have yet to see any PPV games. Are they actually going to happen, or this YET another example of LIES by Setanta?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

as far as I know they have only signed up with celtic to show there european games and a few friendly Maybe i am wrong but as you said the BBC have bought exclusive rights to the SPL so i could not see then givng away certain games to setanta

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 426 ✭✭DaveH

Could someone tell me whats actually on Setanta 2??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 568 ✭✭✭mfield

Can ya get the Celtic SPL games with a London FTV card? Isn't BBC Scotland on that?

mfield.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭CHRISTYG

When Setanta launched, they DID claim to have the PPV rights to show in Ireland, as well as England and Wales (although how many in these 2 countries will be interested, God only knows!) all the SPL games that BBC1 Scotland were showing. So in that respect, they are telling (to use a Winston Churchill phrase) "terminological inexactitudes"!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by mfield
    Can ya get the Celtic SPL games with a London FTV card? Isn't BBC Scotland on that?

BBC 2 Scotland yes, BBC 1 Scotland no and the SPL is on BBC 1 Scotland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭dmeehan

i was looking through the listings for both setanta 1 & 2 to see what extra "stuff" is on that they needed an extra channel

sat: both showing exactly the same thing russia v ireland
    sun: 1 is showing gaa 2 is showing nothing

???

they must have something up their sleeves

Advertisement