Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IOL / Esat BT Launch New Product

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭yankinlk

It doesn`t exist - not here or in the UK or anywhere else. All UK ISPs have restrictions on dial up patterns of customers. Thats a fact.

anywhere else bar the United States of course. Local calls, including calls to the internet have been free for ohhhh 5 years or more...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

please tell me you dont have to switch all your calls etc to esat ??

Nope you dont.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Aggie

just checked esat call rates for voice, and they're actually pretty damn good (national calls for the price of local calls), so hopefully, they'll do something good on packaging the new internet product with cheapie voice. Bloody bravo to them for at least attempting to get some sort of bundled offering out there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭oeNeo

*Phew*

Thank God I won't be kicked off from Nolimits.:D Although it is a very good step in the right direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

Can you say buy 2 products?

say the 90 hrs one and the 15 hrs one?
    or will thye not allow you to do that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Well...as long as they dont kick me off nolimits im happy. Its nice to see Esat BT do something though. Eircom still seem to be overpricing there stuff :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Heh, I just rang. The guy said I was the 3rd caller in a row he's got ringing about the product from the IOFFL board.

Sending out the forms and stuff to me.

Its a step in the right direction, and will save me a lot of money compared to what I'm currently paying eircom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 unknown_a38

Hi,
    I was told by the sales rep. that you also get some hours free with each package.
    €15 - 30 hrs + 5 hrs free
    €25 - 60 hrs + 18 hrs free
    €35 - 90 hrs + 32 hrs free

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

So cool - I was wondering the same thing as B-K-DzR - can we buy multiple products and combine them?

I was going to call and find out but... they close at 7pm. Damn. :(

To all you begrudgers. This IS a major step in the right direction - we're now back on the path to flat rate, or would you prefer to just not have this and continue to pay your pretty penny to eircom while you wait for their flat-rate-product-that-will-be-coming-soon-forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

I think everyone can agree that it is a step in the right direction. Since i only ever use the net at night it is an ideal solution. I rang up, forms coming to me soon :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

Rang up as soon as I read this thread.
    Forms on the way :D

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

You tend to access the Internet frequently hence subscription Dial-up Internet Access is
    the option for you.

At the moment you spend approximately 25.00 hours per week online.
    With a free account your Internet access costs would be: 81.38 EUR/month
    With a subscription account your Internet access costs would be: 77.74 EUR/month
    Hence with a subscription account you will make a saving of approximately 4.47%

So I would be down €81 pm. Luckily I have SNL. For now anyways....
    :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Inf

Can you sign up for it twice? i have two phone lines might be worth a try.

180hrs a month would be pretty decent, if not 90 will do ;)

I agree though, this is a step in the right direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

Originally posted by unknown_a38
    Hi,
    I was told by the sales rep. that you also get some hours free with each package.
    €15 - 30 hrs + 5 hrs free
    €25 - 60 hrs + 18 hrs free
    €35 - 90 hrs + 32 hrs free
    ummm does that mean the packages are .e.g 35 hours, or does it mean that you are getting 30 hours for the price of 25?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

let's see. my daytime internet calls cost me 0c/minute seeing that i'm not home during the day. it's off peak that kills my bank balance. i'll be ringing for my forms tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

Originally posted by hmmm

ummm does that mean the packages are .e.g 35 hours, or does it mean that you are getting 30 hours for the price of 25?

I think that was phrased slightly incorrectly.

When I rang up, I was told the rates, and the 30 hours per month for €15 amounts to 5 free hours, so you're paying for 25 and getting 5 free. Similarly, you pay €25 for 60 hours (43 + 17 free) and €35 for 90 hours (58 + 32 free).

If you call, ask for Caroline - she was very helpful! :)

Mike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭longword

Think more "Bundled minutes" than "Flat rate". Just like a mobile phone call scheme. Are they even allowed call that flat rate?

Still. Beats nothing by a fair margin.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

This is just for off peak use right?

I'm not a particularly heavy user but I do need access for 1 or 2 hours peak time on 2 or 3 days of the week, plus about 5 hours a week off peak. So far it's not looking like saving me a whole heap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭zynaps

Originally posted by BuffyBot

Incorrect. AOL (in the UK at least) has no 2 hour restrictions unlike NTL etc on their unlimited package.

Also, as we all know, Americans get a multitude of free dialups with unlimited, unmetered calls, thanks to their free local calls and such...

According to a friend in Australia, he gets unbolloxed up dialup too, but he has to pay the cost of the call, which is something like 4 cents or so - but... 4 cents for as long as you're connected. :P
    He does get hung up every 4 hours or so, but 4 cents for 4 hours online? Thanks.

It might be a step in the right direction, but as they already covered that ground with nolimits and retracted it, it's a step following a leap backwards...

*stabs eircom* capitalists! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭zynaps

oisín: how much do ye have to pay for calls there? i mean.. internet calls?
    Sugar: Nope!
    oisín: you pay nope?
    Sugar: I pay nada. The Internet calls up a local server. Local calls are free.
    oisín: so... how much do you pay for the whole deal? do you get a limited amount of time online?
    Sugar: Er.. no.. my father pays a monthly bill for flat rate. So does my mom, but with Prodigy and not AOL. It's like 18 bucks monthly. That's all. No surcharges.
    oisín: ...poxy americans
    oisín: uckfay ouya, itchbay!

later...

Sugar: I can't believe the prices there. What about DSL?

*laughs, then cries*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭vampyre

Esat are still negotiating (how long before they crumble) with Eircom about 24/7 flat rate. They seem confident they will get it but are not saying soon. which would in truth be very misleading. After all it may suit eircom to give in rather and perhaps avoid some of the wrath of Europe that they have incurred. Btw I was right about net smart, I told you weeks ago!! And I also said big deal since no peak rate mins are available but guess what they are if you are in business.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭VeeEmmy

Originally posted by ando
    just rang... it is suppose to support 64k isdn :)))))) woohooo
    also, they were very cuirous how the information has leaked.... 'a lot of ppl have called today and it hasnt been launched yet'

I just rang to get forms sent, and asked about ISDN.

NO, it is not compatible. I said someone else said it was. The rep said they had a meeting yesterday and clarified that ISDN can't use it.

:(

Just cannot win. So now I have to choose... NetSmart with 16.8k connection or pay thru the nose for "Hi-Speed" if I am so very fortunate to be able to be graced with it in my isolated rural location.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

And there was me about to get my ISDN lines up-and-running again. Ah well, at least Esat have made Eircom wait a little longer for the grand I owe them. Up yours Philip!

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

i called them and asked them bout netsmart or whats it called, and they said as soon as they'd have information on it, then they'd send it to me as they hadnt any info on it..weird or am i talking to the rong ppl, i was talking to Sales in Internet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

hehe ok called again and got someone else and they told me bout it pricing and whatever, they said the first guy who called was from Ireland Offline and was told to expect a lot of calls haha :D well my forms are in the mail, yay hehe

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

:) My forms are in the mail.

Note for n00b's: Don't ask for forms or information to be sent to you in the mail - the guy on the other end said no information was available. Best thing to do is cut to the chase and ask for an application form to be sent out before he or she ushers you off the phone ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

I hear yeer doing a product called surf no limits

send us out an oul form soaz i can apply for it and give ye me money.

uhoors sinseerly

M

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭morgana

Still no good if you work from home and need daytime access. Continue to pay to pay inflated rates for slooooow access ....

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Mixie

I rang EsatBT this morning to check a few things out, mostly how this new service would differ from NoLimits in terms of how you would connect. I'm currently using NTL for their flatrate weekend dealy, but this means that all my calls etc. go over their network, and every one of Eircoms quick-codes (numbers in the front of the PH Book, eg 1901, etc.) that I've tried don't work. Since NoLimits had that prefix 1332(1) to switch to Esat's network, I was curious as to if the new service NEEDED the same prefix/all calls on EsatBT's network , or if I could stay on NTL for weekend usage, and just dial some other number for Esat during the week. I spoke with Roseanna, who told me that while it hadn't been sorted out fully yet, they were planning on using a freephone number, that I would be able to use their service through NTL without prefixs etc.

Could anyone here confirm that from their own conversations with EsatBT's sales staff?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Muirthile

Just thought of something.

Lets say you go for the 60hrs/month option but then you only use 50hrs that month, do the ten hours you didn't use get added on to the next month (so you have a maximum of 70 hours the following month), or do you just lose those ten hours you didn't use?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement