Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another little victory (3 strikes and your out!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

In all three it basically says:
    "The advertisers apologised for the delayed response to the complaints. They stated that this was due to internal restructuring. "

Is that their excuse for everything??? Oh I'm sorry Mr Customer, we forgot about you until the ASAI complaint, we were busy!

Explains why they never ring me back when I complain I suppose....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

over 25% of all complaints.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭viking

Sheesh! 6 out 23 complaints made against Eircom's advertisements & 5 out of those 6 compaints being upheld or upheld in part by the ASAI.

I wonder could this news be brought to the attention of the media? Is it newsworthy, maybe?

I think the ASAI needs to be a bit more heavy handed with a company who has so many compaints upheld against them. Otherwise what happens, Eircom gets a slap on the wrist by the ASAI and thats it! Stoopid...

viking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭vinnyfitz

Actually the way I read it - 5 of the 15 complaints which the ASAI upheld in full or in part during the last quarter were perpetrated by Eircom. This is truly shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭viking

I should have said:

6 out of the 23 complaints on this page were made against Eircom's advertisements & 5 out of those 6 compaints being upheld or upheld in part by the ASAI.

viking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭kamobe

There's an article in the indo today relating to the ASAI upholding complaints here.

Apparently Ballygowan have a naked woman on a billboard.
    complainant said she could see no reason why the company should advertise water in this way and considered the advertisement to be putting women at risk.

Why does something like this, which has relatively little bearing on the country as a whole, make the papers, when the Eircom complaints go un-noticed, when EVERYONE has a phone!!! Business's everywhere affected, but no, there's a naked lady on a bottle somewhere...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by kamobe
    Why does something like this, which has relatively little bearing on the country as a whole, make the papers, when the Eircom complaints go un-noticed, when EVERYONE has a phone!!!

One reason: Tony O'Reilly's business interests. May be the reason, may not. Who knows*

* I'm sure people working at the Indo do but they're not telling

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭El_MUERkO

The Indo is trying to make the ASAI look pointless and silly to undermine there authority. That way when Eircom gets complaints uphled by the ASAI people fob it off with 'Sure didnt they remove the girl from the ballygowan add for being naked, they'd uphold any complaint, we love eircom'.

Advertisement