Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forgetting to log out...

Options
  • 03-09-2002 6:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

Bard here... Kylereese, you forgot to log out of boards.ie on PC # 43 in the Planet Café in Dublin... just so's ya know... ;)
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

raises a point though... just in case people *do* forget to log out, as above, - should it not be added that users are automatically logged out after, say, 30 minutes of in-activity... ?

just a thought...

oh- and Kylereese- I didn't make any changes to your account. Your settings (password, etc.) are untouched by me. All I did with your account was post the above message.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭rubyseyes

yea 30 mins would be a good idea

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

I think the ability to choose an option when logging in like hotmail do:

"Im using a public computer" that way the cookie or session is removed after 30min of inactive or 10min of inactive use. I like to keep myself logged in at home cos it would be annoying having to constantly login every day or so.
    The login options would be a great and simple way to stop people forgetting to logout. :)

Enjoy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Isn't it the options, under Enable cookies, or something like that

John

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by Winters
    I think the ability to choose an option when logging in like hotmail do:

"Im using a public computer" that way the cookie or session is removed after 30min of inactive or 10min of inactive use. I like to keep myself logged in at home cos it would be annoying having to constantly login every day or so.
    The login options would be a great and simple way to stop people forgetting to logout. :)

Yes! That should be a compromise that would suit everyone... Excellent idea Winters!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

Yes, behold the dangers of not logging out from internet cafe computers! I am offically, and you can quote me on this, ghey!
    Muahaha!
    Sorry :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

LOL

only saw that now,,, i prolly left myself logged on in DnC or something..

/me looks at tomo

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by Winters

Now that'd be just perfick

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

dunno - i usually find if it takes me longer than 10 minutes to write a post (some are set-up / config instructions) i get logged out automatically and the whole process gets screwed up

login - type post - submit - "you are't logged in" - log in (again) - "no thread specified!" - (attempt to go back to the post) - sumit again

lost some posts trying to help people out on the Wireless boards - have to type it in notepad now due to risk of losing - bit of a mess :(

Brian G

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

I think the current system is perfect - if people forget they're using a public machine and leave themselves logged in, well that's their problem, isn't it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

allright then .... ill work on my idea.

Same as it was but the time length of the session can be set by the user when logging on:
    This is a public computer, my session will last for (Drop down box).
    The drop down box will have the time the session will last for:
    15min, 30min, 1hour, 2hours, 3hours etc.

This option would allow you to browse board for as long as you want and not have to be cut off. If it can be done it would be the answer to all your prays

Advertisement