Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Caffeine and its effects

Options
  • 03-09-2002 8:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭

I was wondering, how does caffeine affect you when you drink/eat/rub it? (yes, rub. http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/caffeine/5a65.shtml )

Me, caffeine has no effect on me. Ive had 2 jolts, a mountain dew, a Arizona MX and A blue sky organic in the last half hour and I feel fine. I need to pee, but im fine.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Dalamar

Caffeine apperently intensifies the side affects of drugs, which i can believe....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭qwidgybo

caffeine doesn't have a huge effect on me,neither does alcohol,i think,i can get hyper/silly all by my own self.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Caffeine has no effects whatsoever as i now have a huge immunity to it. i could probably OD pretty well by this point and be grand :)

Alcohol ahs mucho effectos on me :) and i'm glad of it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Can have as much caffeine as I like without a high. I'm getting pretty pissed off because It now takes me at least 5 Red Bulls to get anywhere near high. Have you any idea what that is costing me since I like to be on a permanent one(must explain some of the stuff I've posted on this site). But is it right that I am completely immune to caffeine at the tender age of thirteen? If caffeine does anything to me these days it makes me sleepy! There's got to be something wrong with that at this stage of my life! Somebody help!!!!!!!:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭TheAlmightyArse

Caffeine? Pah, 'tis far too overrated, especially this "coffee" muck! Tea is the future! Yah! Your tea god!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭shep the malevolent pixie

don't like coffee, don't like tea, do like coke but unfortunately it's made by a multinational corporation who are taking over open space by using imposing advertising to catch people's eye, and who are just plain evil. it sucks. me no like sobe or tigershot very much either. arg. i once stayed awake on very little sleep and lots of coke for a couple of weeks....but sven knows more about that than i do....
    sHep :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

No effect whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

caffeine=good
    kate under the effects of caffeine=bad
    i don't know when to say when and I have a tendency to go a little nuts

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

used to love it!! Drank lots of tea and coffee.. however i stopped in feb for health reasons and have not looked back!! Have not had a headache since (though thats not why i stopped!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭claire h

Never liked coffee, occasionally drink coke (which makes me hyper and act drunken-like), need tea and cannot function without it. Except during CTYI, for some odd reason. (Unless it's because the excessive consumption of chocolate as breakfast food.) But apart from that, go all cranky and evil and set out on murderous rampages without it.

Caffeinated soap?!?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

yes.

Go on ICQ and stay. PLEASE. We need to talk and I cna't txt you.

So it seems that at the current time the entire population of the country(or at least CTYI) is immune to caffeine in all its wondrous forms. Any one else immune to any other low-class drugs/addictive substances.

At the age of 13 alcohol has a huge effect on me and I only need a small bit to knock me for six. My friend drank 2 staight tumblers of 43% whiskey and could still walk in a straight line for a hundred yards. Impressive!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭alaskagirl

coffee makes me sleepy. i dont know why. it always has. i dont need it anyways, im hyper most of the time anyways!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Originally posted by It wasn't me!
    My friend drank 2 staight tumblers of 43% whiskey and could still walk in a straight line for a hundred yards. Impressive!:D

Em, was that both of them straight down and straight away walk? cus if so thats easy. alcohol has a delayed effect. you could drink a ****load in a f ew minutes and for a short while you'd be ok. but then itd kick in and you'd be langered. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭ll=llannah

ah- finally a thread about something! haha.
    well- i hate coffee, hate tea, but i like pretty much anything else that's caffeinated. i love caffeine. not because it gives me a buzz or whatever- it really doesn't have an effect on me either- but it makes my brain THINK it should be buzzed and therefore it is! (in other words: I trick my own brain. (evil hyper laugh)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭joe the coat

uhmm... i never drink enough coffee or other caffine-related drink to feel the effects... i once got hyper on a whole bottle of lilt though... i think i walked into somthing... years ago though :D

Are you the Joe with the long, leather coat from session two this year, Geoge's friend.

Anyone ever take caffeine pills?
    It's not as great an idea as it sounds. Maybe my mistake was taking twelve at once. My heart rate sort of ...doubled. I'm not bsing it went up to 120. Woops. So i spent about 3 hours in the easons cafe sipping water and taking deep breaths.
    Oh, and I'd already knocked back 2 bottles of Jolt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭joe the coat

georges "friend"? well i supose so... more companion or the guy who tried to "de-nerd" him and destroyed his fragile little mind... ehehheheheheheheheheheheheheehehheehheehhehehe... but yes, i am the ses2 02 joe who wore a leather coat and represented afghanistan in the MUN.:eek: afghanistan! gods sake...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

George need die soon.

• Advertisement

You really did destroy his mind. In the third week he started looking around the door before he came out. If he even caught a glimpse of either you, me, Cara or pretty much anyone, he'd stay in. I can't really remember whether It pissed me off, made me depressed or made me laugh. Hell, maybe it was some weird concoction of them all! God, Just had to control my evil side there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

It's good to see that I made a difference in someone's life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

WOW!!!! Kate! GOD! I must now have you declared new god of EVERYTHING!

I once took 7 max strength no-doz <bare in mind this was after taking 4 cans of something that had a warning stating "take maximum of 2 a day" and 4 no-doz the day before> at once... and then had to go on a big long drive and... erm... 5 hours of vomitting later and all was well. And i even slept like a baby! :)

Ah yes... and Sobe... it no longer gives me heart explody when taken in fatal amounts! :( and yet... been off heavy caffeine abuse for a while... maybe it's time to... go... back...

Taurine withdrawl is fun btw. ;p

everything eh?
    But, No! caffeine abuse is baaaaaaaad
    <shifty eyes>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

Bad? NAAAY!!! GOOD!!!! Except i dont have an iron bladder, so y'know...peeage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

I've been drinking Coca-Cola <give it it's REAL name peasants!> since the fine age of about 3 / 4... only a little back then and i wasn't meant to but they couldn't help slipping me a sip here and there... so i give credit for half of my parentage to the good ol' Coca-Cola corporation. And I don't care how EVIIIIL they are cause they're not half as pathetically tabloid as pepsi <and tastes soooo much nicer>... they got class dammit!

PLUS! I have blood ties to the company <relations being high ups in it> so...

Always Coca-Cola...

Life is good... ;p

Thanks for that information Foobar. I'm starting to feel t6he results of the vodka I drank 15 minutes ago. Oh man! Anyway, back on point, he didn't walk, that was just a metaphor, but he never acted different or anything, even after a short while.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭purplepolkadot

Anyone ever take caffeine pills?

it is as good an idea as it sounds if you only take two or three.

in a heehee, everything is so funny, and i love everyone and am slightly drunk-feeling sort of way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Elvish

i never really understood or had the urge to abuse caffeine. Or booze for that matter. Dunno why really. I like coffee though. Mostly for the taste. The walking up affect is just a bonus.

-rob

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭ll=llannah

that's a shame....caffeine abuse is fun!!! *twitch, twitch, twitch* lol.
    one of my friends was addicted to caffeine pills last year. twas so funny- she'd fall asleep in class and then take one and sit up and not be able to sit still all class.
    i've never had the urge to take the pills- large amounts of jolt and coke have always been more than sufficient. caffeine makes the world go 'round. (and 'round, and 'round and 'round and 'round.......)

Advertisement