Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Caffeine and its effects

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

YOU have large amounts of caffeine?

1) This prbably pales in comparison to Sven's escapades.

2) In Glasgow, I drank an entire 12 pack of red bull in a night. On 2 seperate occasions.

3) I have spent 30 euro on jolt before, and most of it is gone by the next morning.

4) My parents worry about the amount of caffeine i TAKE(IF YOU KNEW my parents, youd be scared)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

Originally posted by dukman
    My parents worry about the amount of caffeine i TAKE(IF YOU KNEW my parents, youd be scared)

my parents found an empty packet of pep-pills in my bin (yes they go through my trash) they now think i have some kind of "problem"

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭purplepolkadot

one weekend at work i was bored so i drank a crate of coke.:D
    and i mean plastic 1.5l bottles. and 1.5 x 24= 36litres. i win.
    it gave me a kidney infection though.:(
    now that is caffeine abuse. for me anyway, in my little sheltered boggerhole

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

i've only ever drank 11 cans of tiger shot in one day <one can went missing in my bag it turned out>... actually... that was in one hour so...

My mother found all the coke bottles under my desk and asked me what was i putting in them... <sigh>...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭ll=llannah

as i sat at my desk drinking my fourth bottle of jolt in the past 15 minutes, i was looking for an article for chem class when i came across this:

Caffeine: Psychological Effects, Use & Abuse

it was just amusing to skim through it. i have many of the symptoms, as i'm sure we all do. teeheee. just thought u guys would have a good laugh at it.

• Advertisement

ROTFLMAO

BTW, listening to Take Me To Your Leader by who else, Incubus while caffeine-related seizure is upon you is fun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Man U babe

I've tripled my caffeine habit since I started in UCD last monday. Cant live without the stuff now... well I need to be awake for those 9am lectures (after being up since 6.50 and having got 2 buses). Have to say tho, machine coffee in DCU is way better (and cheaper) than the poxy science block coffee in UCD. And that's saying something. Hate red bull and tea, love coke, sobe and v.strong black coffee with loads of sugar. hehehehehehe sugar....

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭purplepolkadot

SUGAR!! how could i have forgotten sugar, faithful friend, it's been like parents to me all these years...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭qwidgybo

mmmmm,incubus.......

This is going off on a tangent, but It shouldnt be spam, because its a reply to a post, right.....?

Anyway, do like Incubus, or Brandon Boyd?

I have 4 of their albums, and the reason being, I think they make delightful music. But a lot of people just like them because of Brandon, which pisses me, (and Brandon) off.

• Advertisement

Brandon certainly doesn't hurt anyone (mhmm) but i love incubus cause of their music, not only cause of him. altho i know many who just love Brandon. shame. on. them.

i love the music.*sighs*i spent two free classes singing "aqueous transmission" to myself today-I LOVE THAT SONG SO MUCH!WOW!

and if i like anyone,although brandon's not bad,it has to be the drummer.HE USED TO BE A DANCER!A BALLET DANCER!!WOW!*gets all giddy*

Let's see, I currently have 4 Incubus albums, 1 DVD, one screensaver, 1 background, one poster, and 51 mp3s(all ripped)

That's

Fungus Amongus
    S.C.I.E.N.C.E.
    Make Yourself (2CD tour edition) (also have songbook)
    Morning View (songbook as well)

When Incubus attacks vol. 2 DVD

And is it coincidence I played Aqueous Transmission for about a hour myself today? I think not!!!!

wow!there's no way that's a coincidence!!
    i had such an incubus day today-i kept thinking about them and getting giddy and then my eyes would glaze over(according to christina)
    *sighs*

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Thanks for that Twix_Girl. I went to that link and it turns out I have every single symptom mentioned, and four or five that aren't there. I'm currently selling myself to the nearest laboratory for testing. It's painful, but the 25g dose of pure caffeine they give me every morning is so worth it. Mmmmmmmmm Caffeine.

Yes, a 13 year old ALWAYS survives 2&1/2 times the lethal dose of caffeine. Dude, your spine would break.

Really?(Casually does a back-handspring) No nothing yet!

haha- no problem, I knew a good deal of you would find it as amusing as I did.
    Garog, I don't think we're gonna experience serious effects till later- for now i think the only side effect will be loads of twitching. lol.
    I think the laboratories would have waaay too much fun analyzing all of us. (that or they'd be veery scared.) hehe!

They got scared right about the time I started bending the bars on my heavy-duty steel cage and escaping, or was it before that?

*flipping through loads and loads of paper as if posessed*
    nope- it was before-
    i didn't know other pple got odd steel-bending capabilities from blood in the caffeine stream! (lol)

• Advertisement

What do you mean caffeine? This thread is about caffeine?! Since when?!?!

tisk tisk tisk- you must keep up with our fast paced (read: digressing) conversations. hehe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭shep the malevolent pixie

all you crazy little caffeine junkies shoulda been around on saturday. they were handing out *FREE* caffeine pills on grafton street!! oh it was brilliant..... :D word of warning, *NEVER* mix nurofen and caffeine pills. i am not a bloody painkiller junkie by the way. :rolleyes: no really. :) emm....yeah, it makes you really hyper for the first hour but then you just get paranoid and insaaane. but 'twas sufficiently amusing. :D
    sHep :cool:

yeah, but Im pretty sure they were placebos....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

The caffeine pills

a) tasted like chalk mixed with limestone (most likely cut with something even cheaper than gluocose)

and

b)had 30mg's.....even less than coke.

Didn't stop me collapsing in Burger King...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Happy CTYI guy

Yeah, I'd like to see you drink 4 bottles of Jolt at 10 o'clock and then get to sleep before 5 0'clock in the morning before being driven slowly insane by the sound of every mechanical clock in a 300 metre radius. Damn immigants

3500mg of caffeine in ONE HOUR! Vomitted for 5 and slept that night... LIKE A BABY!!! :) The moral: Never take 7 Max Strenght No-Doz... oh dear... 4 was ok... but... 7... wow... was scary...

AND!!!

Boost - Has OVER 400mg OF GUARANA!!! LOTS!!! AND SOOOOO MUCH GLUCOSE!!!! And it only costs 75c! :):):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

But the green wrapper is such a turn off. It makes me think the bar is going to be all icky. I hope someone in marketing got fired for that.

Advertisement