Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Caffeine and its effects

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Man U babe

I'm feeling a wee bit annoyed with my friend.
    Yesterday, there was a big group of us in the top floor of the main restaurant in college, and I was getting my usual coke (third one of the day) with lunch. I turn away from my tray for a minute to talk/argue with ross, tommy and smallfry and I pay for the contents of my tray. I get to the table and what do I notice? My coke is gone, and has been replaced with a bottle of finches lemon. FINCHES ****IN LEMON! Where's the caffeine in that? I look around, and Cathy has a wicked smile on her face. She says 'I think you're getting addicted....'. Damn, i've been addicted for years! And the nazis who work there wouldnt let me change it.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

EVIL! Yeah... I quit quitting btw. ;p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

Yeeesss.......you cannot resist the power of the dark side........together, we will rule the galaxy as father and son!!!!

(I retrospect, that doesnt come out as well as it should)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭ll=llannah

no, no, comes out quite clearly, dear.

finches....lemon.....dear god.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭joe the coat

finches lemon! why not at least orange...:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Man U babe

Hmmmm....I could do with some jolt right now, having been up since the unnatural hour of 6am to cram for me xmas algebra exam having decided last night that the tkd xmas party sounded like more fun than studying!

mmmmmm caffeiny goodness....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

I had my first cup of coffee in a long time a while back. I tried to kick the habit; didn't work, needless to say!

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭purplepolkadot

Boost - Has OVER 400mg OF GUARANA!!! LOTS!!! AND SOOOOO MUCH GLUCOSE!!!! And it only costs 75c!

uh they taste like pukey moros gone terribly terribly wrong. i tried feeding one to a dog and he ate some then puked it out. you shouldn't do that to yourself. i think i'm gonna hurl just thinking off them, sweet jesus...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Originally posted by It wasn't me!
    So it seems that at the current time the entire population of the country(or at least CTYI) is immune to caffeine in all its wondrous forms. Any one else immune to any other low-class drugs/addictive substances.

At the age of 13 alcohol has a huge effect on me and I only need a small bit to knock me for six. My friend drank 2 staight tumblers of 43% whiskey and could still walk in a straight line for a hundred yards. Impressive!:D

It can be done..... /me smiles at the memories of far too many drinks. :)

<< Fio >>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Caffeine is actually good for you.

I know this to be fact... as I can give it up any time I want to... I just don't want to........

I'm not an addict incidentally.......

l33tlikenas.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

I've never actually had a cup of tea of coffee in my entire life. I've tasted it but didn't like it at all. I suppose if you're not given tea as a child it could be very hard to like. Even energy drinks just make me thirsty, not that I like them either. I’m not fussy with food, I just haven’t been brought up drinking any hot drinks whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭Sev

I've been drinking tea since I was about 5, or earlier. I don't particularly enjoy coffee tho, it tends to smell a lot nicer than it tastes.. must be why all them coffee ads always go on about its aroma.

I'd go through 4 cups a day easily, some days maybe even 8. Im not an addict or anything, I dont 'have' to drink tea, but I find it makes for a good substitute for food, should I be hungry and there be nothing tasty in the house.

If im bored, hungry, thirsty, watching a movie or just writing comments on web forums.. I'll drink tea. Much like a smoker I would imagine, lighting up a cigarette when theyre peckish or bored.. reasons why they tend to pack on the pounds when they quit. Maybe drinking tea keeps me in good shape?

But this isnt because Im addicted to caffein, should I have an endless supply of spearmint polo mints at my disposal all day instead, I'd be sucking polo mints all day.

I also find caffeine as a drug has no effect on me at all. There isnt much caffein in tea at all compared to coffee, but should I drink red bull or a cappuccino or hot chocolate, it doesnt do much for me. I often drink coffee/tea before going to bed. If anything, drinking tea helps my concentration, for some reason.

Just my thoughts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Bazookatone

I am quite addicted to caffiene. I must drink at least three cups of tea a day to feel normal. I even get mild withdrawal symptoms, (headaches etc).

Saying that, caffiene has NO phisical effects on me. It does not keep me awake(except when I drink strong coffee, I don't normally drink coffee), it doesn't noticeably alter my sleeping patterns and it doesn't effect my moods.

I would like to expel a popular myth that, despite the collective genius of CTYI, seems to go on. You remember Jolt Cola, the Caffiene content is irrelevent. the caffiene in Coke is NOT what makes people hyper. The hyperactivity is a result of a mild alergic reaction to the sugar substitute that they use. People who claimed they were hyper after downing a litre of Jolt were, quite possibly, idiots. The only result of a litre of Jolt, is brown coloured piss.

I don't actually drink tea or coffee (people tend to call me odd). Apparently I refused point blank to drink either when i was little, even though my whole family ('cept my brother who drinks neither like me) are tea junkies.

Guess it comes down to hero worship, my brother was mine when i was little and what he did, i did and what he didnt, i didnt. :)

<< Fio >>

Actually not drinking tea or coffee is quite odd.

You should try Mocha from Coffee Society or O'Briens... you'll never look back.

Come join the dark side... It is your destiny

Originally posted by Typedef
    Actually not drinking tea or coffee is quite odd.

You should try Mocha from Coffee Society or O'Briens... you'll never look back.

Come join the dark side... It is your destiny

No. :)

<< Fio >>

ya know, i always thought i was pretty much alone in not being a hot drinks person... i feel a wee bit more accepted :D :cool: :D

If it helps, I'm sure you're still in the minority!

YAY! more people who don't like hot drinks
    except hot chocolate maybe sometimes when its properly made, and that does include sugar and some marshmallows, some of which HAVE to be stirred in till they're liquid, and then you add more.

tea and coffee suck the proverbial ass.

hot chocolate is fabulous!

<< Fio >>

• Advertisement

yes it is. hot chocolate rocks oh so much.

rocks my world, ya could say.

Should we form a hot chocolate society? one commited to forwarding the intrests of hot chocolate drinkers everywhere?

Forward to who? And coffee and other kickass cafeinated drinks rock oh so much more than hot chocolate!

It means help out, advance, improve

society? best darn idea i've heard all day.

go to the kylemore, THE KYLEMORE i had like seven of theirs today, mmmm....yummy in my tummy

(can i be vice-president of this association (",) )

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭strawberry

They used to have really excellent hot chocolate in the Hodges Figgis cafe, until they took it away andtried to fill the emptiness with books. Pah!

Originally posted by smiles
    hot chocolate is fabulous!

<< Fio >>

Mental note:

Hot Chocolate is made with Coca, which has lots of Caffeine in it.
    See, you are a sublime addict after all.
    *bwhahahahahahahaha

Advertisement