Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GeForce 4 Ti 4200

• 04-09-2002 8:29am
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭

It's €163 on Komplett now !

P.s. I do not work for Komplett :)

Slaanesh.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

nnnnnrrrrrrrrrrrrrggghhhhhh........Right hand reaching for credit card, desperately wants new graphics card but left hand is trying to pull it back as it knows it owes too much on credit card still......

smashing price though, cheaper than an G4 mx460..
    <"shut up lefty!" says right side of brain>:D

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

oh for fuck sake, i just ordered that Gainward card from komplett for €210 two days ago :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 danari

kaids hows that card running ?

oh well, right hand won.
    :D

bit of a step up from a voodoo 3 2000.....:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Dizz

Don't worry kaids it's not a golden sample which I presume is the one u bought - that's still E210 ;)

Dizz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

and are the cards that much different from the 4400 or the 4600.

They still cost a few bob!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Spooky donkey the Ti 4600 based cards are the fastest gfx card on the market at the moment, the Ti 4400 is on par with other non nVidea card and the Ti4200 are a little step up from the G-Force 3 series.

From what Iv read the 4200 is better in P3 based systems wheres the 4400 and 4600 are better in P4 based systems. Some reviewers maintain that putting a 4600 card in a P3 will give worse results fps wise than putting a 4200 card in a P3 system.

Got this info from various HW sites and links on bluesnews and such forth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 382 ✭✭G

Originally posted by IrishDizz
    Don't worry kaids it's not a golden sample which I presume is the one u bought - that's still E210 ;)
    I'd prefer €50 off than have Golden Sample. The specs on the two cards are identical otherwise. :(

Anyone know where i can download any demos (not games) that i can run to see all the bells and whistles on the card at work?

it came with sod all software, the driver it came with thinks its a 4400! but i'm sure that doesn't matter at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 382 ✭✭G

if you like fps have a sniff of the battlefield 1942 demo. I haven't played it but it's supposed to be alright.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39 keithwhir

ya , i got a XFX GF4 TI 4200 ,its great plays UT 2003 with out a hitch. acording to www.guru3d.com thers crap all diference in the 4200 and 4600 , http://www.guru3d.com/review/xfx/geforce4ti4200/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Yup scruff go to nvidia.com and go to power of 3d tab then demos and they have a lot of nice video tests and stuff.( that kinda demos) ? My MSi ti4400 is 3 weeks old now and is running fine the graphis on sof 2 cranked up to max are sooo sweet. yeah G 1942 iz da bomb !!

ps. the nvidia video demos range from 40-80 meg. ( I Love My 1Mb ADSL )

COMBATCOW >:^)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

spooky!

ps. A post to the Infogrames Forums by Epic's Mark Rein has word on the UT2003 demo,I'm expecting the demo to be out sooner than 5 days

HURRAH !!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Yeah, the 4200 is the sweet spot for cost/performance. Good card. I'm still pissed off at the sudden price drop @ komplett though. And no, it wasn't a golden sample.

Advertisement