Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

questions about ntl services in Dun Laoghaire

• 04-09-2002 9:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

I'm considering taking out an ntl subscription at the moment, finally getting completely fed up of being restricted to the 4 Irish channels, and Sky not being an option where I live at the moment. I've emailed ntl with an enquiry, but, not being confident that I'll get a speedy response, I would be grateful if anyone on this forum can shed any light on any of the following:

(1) Does ntl offer its digital services in Dun Laoghaire?

(2) What's the deal with their phone service - do you have to have a pre-existing Eircom line, or do they install a phone line as part of their cable box?

(3) Is their 128k ISP offering worth investigating?

Many thanks if anyone can help,

james

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Hi,

NTL's services in Dun Laoghaire should be pretty much the same as the rest of Dublin.

(1) Ring 1800 234 234 (you'll find that for some reason it gets answered a lot faster than 1800 321 321 !!!) and an operator will be able to answer whether digital is available at your address. Most of Dublin now has it, but Dun Laoghaire would be one of the older areas of the network so perhaps not?

(2) Only in Tallaght AFAIK do NTL offer a direct phone line service. Elsewhere it is Carrier Pre-Select - you sign a form ordering Eircom to route all your phone calls via the NTL network. There were moves by the ODTR to order Eircom to offer a wholesale line rental product, allowing yout to have just one phone bill (instead of continuing to pay Eircom for line rental), I'm unsure as to whether NTL now offer this though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭JTMan

I am near enough to Dun Laoghaire and NTL Digital is available in my area. Is there anywhere not upgraded for digital anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭jmcbride

Thanks for the info - I'll wait till the end of the week for a reply to my email, then ring the number.

Advertisement