Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stations of the cross

Options
  • 04-09-2002 1:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭

Good Friday, year 30AD,

Jesus is dying upon the cross. He is flanked by two crucified criminals, and the scene is guarded by Roman soldiers.

St. Peter, having forsaken his lord and master 3 times kneels weeping at the base of the hill.

"Peter, stop your tears and come to me" Jesus requests.

Peter responds to his command by rising to his feet and climbing toward the crucified Jesus. At once a Roman guard leaps forward and with his sword cuts Peter's right leg from his body. Wounded, Peter rolls to the bottom of the hill.

"Peter, please, come to me!" cries Jesus.

Wounded, but not deterred, once again Peter climbs toward Jesus. "Get down!" shouts the guard and cuts off Peter's right leg with his sword. Peter rolls to the base of the hill.

"Peter! Come here now!" Jesus exclaims.

Peter drags himself toward the cross and the guard removes his right arm for his troubles. Once again he rolls.

"For heavens sake Peter! Will you approach me that I might speak!" cries the son of God.

Irritated beyond measure at Peter's persistent one-armed crawl, the callous guard cuts off his one remaining arm.

"I don't have long Peter! Come so I might speak to you!"

As Peter begins the ascent, using only his lips, the Roman guard finally mellows and takes pity on the apostle. He picks up Peter's mutilated torso, ascends the hill, and lifts him toward Jesus on the cross so that the pair might talk. Jesus speaks.

"Check it out Pete! You can see our house from up here!"

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭Aspro

Jesus - the original Scratchy

Advertisement