Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Queens of the Stone Age play Dublin

Options
  • 04-09-2002 1:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

From Hotpress.com

EXCLUSIVE! The agonising wait for Queen Of The Stone Age fans is over with their heroes making their Irish debut at the Dublin Ambassador on October 21.

Adjudged by Rolling Stone to be among "The Ten Most Important Hard & Heavy Bands Right Now", the L.A. noiseniks will be drumming up trade for their Songs For The Deaf album, which scored a whumping 10 in the Hot Press ratings.

Tickets priced €27.50 go on sale on September 7.

The Hot Press Newsdesk

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

f u c k i n top stuff. 3 helpings of grohl in one summer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭johnnynolegs

sweet as american apple pie

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Originally posted by acquiescefc
    f u c k i n top stuff. 3 helpings of grohl in one summer

Doubt it mate, since the Foo's release their own album the day after...

Not to worry, it should be a top gig. And Foo Fighters should be over before the year is out. My money's on November.

But ive already seen the foos twice in DUblin, AMbassador and Wittttnnnness. Keep looking for new dublin foos gig but am definitely gettin into QUeensOSTA, not just cos of the nice drummer boy....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 the fuz

i heard ex Danzig drummer Joey Castillo will be handling the drumming duities for the QOTSA .

• Advertisement

noooooooooooooooooooooooooo

not too bothered really tho, really wanna see qotsa whoever is doin the sticks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭threefour

Keep looking for new dublin foos gig but am definitely gettin into QUeensOSTA, not just cos of the nice drummer boy....

We'll they are playing the point on november 27th apparently

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Raggamuffin

its the ambassador on 21st of October.
    Dave Grohl just drummed on the album.

He really should'nt have because it just goes to show how much better QOTSA are compared to the Foo fighters.... no competetion since josh homme alone is better than the foo fighters.

Dave grohl should have left the foo fighters to drum for QOTSA.

mark lanegan would ahve been good to see llive...... damn....

from QOTSA.net
    > According to chartattack.com, the new guy on the skins will be Kellii Scott!
    Kellii was behind the kit for Spookey Ruben until now, and has also been a long time member of Blinker The Star

if you want a better band than the foo fighters check out Sunny Day Real Estate most of the original memebers came from this band

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

Dave Grohl or no Dave Grohl I've got my ticket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭ellentic

Foo Fighters are playing November 27th in the Point

Tickets for the Foo Fighters go on sale Saturday, September 14th..

Doesn't say how much they are though ..

ALSO - Hundred Reasons - October 26th, 18EUR.. Well worth going to see..

[Tool - Lateralus]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 julie galatea

i saw these guys play opening up for the smashing pumpkins in 2000. i thought they where crap then and are crap now.
    i've tried and tried to like em. but plegh.
    if you're looking for decent "american rock" i can point you in a much better direction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Raggamuffin

point me so,..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Yeah, but if you point us in the direction of Puddle Of Mudd or Nickelback I'll have to beat you to death with your own shoe.

As for the Monster Magnet rip-off comments on another thread, Josh Homme has been writing amazing songs since his days in Kyuss, as early as the start of the 90s. Its not as if he's new to the scene. He is easily one of the best song-writers of the genre ("stoner rock", or whatever you choose to call it)

Advertisement