Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

not a lyrics question, but i'll buy you a pint if u can answer me this

Options
  • 04-09-2002 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭

right, i was watching...mtv...i think it was yesterdy, and i saw a video i hadnt seen for ages, Just by Radiohead

yo know the video im talking about, this man leaves his house, walks down the street and just lies down. The video is captioned as people come up and ask him why he's lying there, and eventually, he tells them, and the video ceases to be captioned, yet his lips keep moving...

i'm wondering....did anyone ever work out what yer man on the ground says at the very end of the video?????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 sidney

........ the whole point of the video is that you're not supposed to know. People question the man who's lying down, asking him what's wrong, but he won't tell them. The crowd eventually harass the bloke into telling them and when he does, whatever it is makes everyone else lie down aswell. It basically means the first bloke was right all along, when all the way through the video you're thinking he's nuts.

Very clever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Ed

"Thom Yorke said it possibly has something to do with a number, but that the exact words would never be known to the general public. "

Theyve stood by this and so has the director, who says telling people what the man says would deaden the impact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭rapture_queen

Well apparently in a Radiohead video collection there was supposed to be an endin to the video included in it.

.........but my friend bought it and it wasnt there-o well we will never know.

What a great video though,and a great song and a great album!

dont ya love Radiohead!(hey will u buy me somthing pretty just for that?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭lamda

Well the whole thing about it is id rather not know... after all the guy is an actor... hes probably saying what he had for lunch or talking about the weather..i doubt its something really profound seeing as how the line would never be heard...so....
    great video anyway .... and also thom is the closest hes ever been to cute in that video... or is that just me???;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

Originally posted by lamda
    and also thom is the closest hes ever been to cute in that video... or is that just me???;)

I thought Thom was a sex symbol?

A friend of mine from college swears she knows what he says but refuses to tell me. She might be just winding me up. I have the video at home and I've tried to lip read (I assumed I could) but can't make it out.

I'm sure anyone who has figured it out is lying on the floor of a padded cell right now. Maybe it's best we don't know.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 sister_dew

Originally posted by The FANJ

I thought Thom was a sex symbol?

thom, a sex symbol! hehe! he can look attractive in an odd way tho but i think most of his female fans are in it for the musical genius rather than sex appeal ;)

i love the way they're keepin it a secret- its a modern day legend! the likelyhood is that they never thought of what the guy said and are jus leaving it to everyones imagination!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭Aspro

The man says "Phantom FM has just been bought by Louis Walsh, aaarrrrghhhh":D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭johnnynolegs

I asked Ed O'Brien about this when i saw them arriving in the Airport for the IRMAs a few years ago - nobody knew they were arriving and there was no great fanfair and i just happened to be working there - anyway he said that it was the one question he would never answer because that was the whole point of making a great video to get people to talk about it and to watch it over and over................

so in short i dunno what he says hahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

bloody hell you people are unimaginitive!!!!
    the video's told old for me to care about tis mystery anymore
    you could at least have tried to slip some funny ones in, like apsro!!!!!!

and thom looks sexiest in the video for nobody does it better...well...its live on mtv

well if u don't care why r u bloody asking in the first place

thom looks his sexiest in paranoid android

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

icare about the video, i just dont care about keeping the mystery behind it anyore

whatever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

Originally posted by lamda
    thom is the closest hes ever been to cute in that video... or is that just me???;)

i'd defo give him one... oh sh:t did i type that out loud

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭threefour

Advertisement