Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starfox 2 beta final

• 04-09-2002 9:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭

Got this rom yesterday, as most will know, it was never actually released comercially and the beta that has been knocking about is a very early one that really doesnt show any of the actual game.

Anyway, zsnes doesnt completely support it yet and the screen flickers (you can get a patch zsnes but that only solves the flicker) and the game crashes pretty regularily.

I remember seeing this in a mag years ago, it was scrapped for the N64 version, but i did wonder if it was any use. First impressions say no, i only played a few of the duels, but they seemed pretty boring and simple. I played a little of a mission and then it crashed, but from what i've seen, i'm not surprised it was scrapped.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

im confused. do you have the one that is knocking around for ages or a new more complete version?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭bugs

Playing the "final beta" as indicated by the heading, or at least trying to play it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

found it a few days ago, damn if i didnt have epilipsy before that game i do now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

I downloaded last night from emuusa and must say it kept me amused for a few minutes. The game would have been excellent if they had have finished it (It looks nearly complete now) Then there's the problem that it's in japanise so haven't a clue what the story's all about:D What Fps did you get DiscoStu as a matter of interest?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭bugs

Theres a hack of zsnes about that fixes the flicker (just check retrogames.com general forum), it still crashes on the mission levels. And the fps max is locked at 20 or so, which does start to give you a headache.

• Advertisement
Advertisement