Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ADD COMMUNITY/FORUM - Reviews

• 04-09-2002 10:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭

Descrripton: A forum for reviews by Boards users of events, books, games, TV shows, phones, or anything else that can be reviewed.

Just an idea that hit me. Feel free to delete if you think it is complete tripe.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Dazzer

I like!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭swiss

I don't think it's a great idea tbh. The best place to have reviews would be in the respective boards, IMO (e.g film reviews in the film board). I think it would just be another unnecessary board because

a) It will receive little traffic or if it does receive a lot of traffic...

b) all the reviews will be of different topics, which would be a bit of a muddle since it would be hard to find exactly what you are looking for.

I could be wrong, but I can't see it taking off tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

I agree, I dont think that there is a need for it, stuff can be reviewed on their respective boards. No need for a whole new board/forum.

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I agree, it's best to keep reviews in there respective boards.
    It'd arkward as hell, and very annoying.
    Also, when would you decide when a thread should be moved to reviews?
    Most of the threads in the films board could be called reviews.

Poor idea, tbh.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

if my review means anything.....

I put it to you that the 'Motors' forum is pretty crap......

only joking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,280 ✭✭✭regi

If people want to write reviews of stuff, then psychobabble might be the answer. If you don't know what that is, pester devore until he tells you =)

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Pester me at your peril...

Reviews in their respective areas is a good idea (though I'm thinking about setting up some kind of website searchengine/review board... </muse>)

DeV.

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

I like reviewing things.
    My review on Cheese went down a treat here in Galway.
    Reviews give my rants a useful edge.
    If a website is indeed set up that requires neutral opinion / review then sign me up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

How about just gathering the reviews and creating a place to show them off....

...or any reviews worthy of show in this boards.ie/reviews can be added by the mod of the forum that the review was sent to!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Ah well just an idea i had.

I'll just go tighten my thinking cap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

I think it would be an idea if all reviews would be identified if the subject had the format:

REVIEW - (Item Being Reviewed)
    e.g. REVIEW - 24 Final Episode

We could then write a script to extract all threads with "REVIEW -" in the subject line and sort them by forum name.

J.
    --

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Imagine all the "REVIEW spelled wrong - fix it" threads on Admin etc if REVIEWS were supposed to be marked as such ;)

Advertisement