Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Let the battle begin.....(errr continue)

Options
  • 05-09-2002 8:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 749 ✭✭✭

Today things will be hotting up even more.

In the mean time we're off to Leinster house this morning, and the Competition Authority this afternoon.

More news before 12 today!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭BoneCollector

Nice One!
    I have been sending them mails over the past few weeks, however they strangely dont think eircom is abusing its monopoly!? :confused: and dont seem to want to do the work required to prove they are dispite all examples i have sent them. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I'm sure quite a few people will be satisfied enough with the UTV announcement in particular to regard the battle as won.

However, it's important to remember that UTV and Esat will both be marketing their products as (potential) loss leaders. Without a movement from Eircom on the interconnect charges both products may go the way of NoLimits. I'm not trying to create a dampening feeling - there's great progress in the flatrate 56k market with the UTV announcement in particular (approaching true flatrate more so than the Esat offering). The battle for available affordable DSL/broadband is of course just getting warmed up - with regard to the 56k market things must be feeling rather scorching in Eircom's offices over the past week.

"Never give up, never surrender" should be our mantra over the coming (hopefully good) months

36 users currently on the forum btw - well higher than normal. Good news travels fast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Martin-UTVi

However, it's important to remember that UTV and Esat will both be marketing their products as (potential) loss leaders.
    Certainly not in our case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Dangger

As Martin has stated this product is not being introduced as a loss leader. This was made very clear at the launch.

This thread was of course referring o the UTV announcement. I nearly burst keeping quiet about this one!!!!

Mods feel free to lock this one. I think we've set a record for the most viewed thread in the shortest space of time with the main UTV annoucement thread!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement