Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BF1942 Demo patch out !!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

cheers kdja :)

any idea if it fixes that constant pinging problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Here is a bit more info on the patch. This is the client patch and not the server one. So all of you download it :)

File Size: 12.14 MB

[Mirrors List]
    BF1942files.com
    BFcentral.com
    Peregate.com
    (I will not put up any fileplanet links)

=============
    Patch 1.1
    =============

SERVER FIXES
    -Improved server stability.
    -Fixed bug that caused server to say it was full when it wasn't.
    -Servers started from in-game now use settings from dedicated server tool if those settings are not in the in-game Create Game front-end.
    -LAN servers no longer report to Gamespy master server.
    -Limiting the bandwidth now works from the dedicated server

CLIENT FIXES
    -All Seeing Eye server browser support added.
    -Fixed refresh rate locked to 60 hz in Win2k and XP machines. We're working on getting this fix for Win98 and ME machines, but we're waiting for dev support from Microsoft before we can proceed. To enable this on Win2k and XP machines do the following:
    -Open the videodefault.con file found in Settings\VideoDefault.con
    -Edit the line: renderer.allowAllRefreshRates # (where # can be replaced by 0 or 1)
    -Changing this value to one will allow you to select the refresh rates from the Options>Video section of the in-game frontend. NOTE: the game will default to 640x480.

-Fixed bug that caused ammo-boxes and health-cabinets to not work occasionally.
    -Considerably faster internent in-game browser.
    -Added icon in the in-game browser for dedicated servers.
    -Added icon in the in-game browser for password protected servers.
    -Added icon in the in-game browser showing server CPU status, if it's doing well or if it's bogged down by too many players for it's capacity (this is dependant upon the CPU not the bandwidth).
    -Added server CPU info in the in-game browser under the server info>rules tab.
    -Chat text in-game has it's own color so it's easier to see.
    -Server version number will show correctly in server info> rules tab
    -Fixed some instances of the internet browser crashing when pressing yes to update to newer version on a 98 machine.
    -Fixed player ability to sink Jeeps and Kubelwagens into the ground.
    -Fixed free spectator camera does not turn off, even when unchecked in the server.
    From bfcentral.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

One fix left out.

Fixes AC-97 sound when using win2k and Xp (that mickey mouse noise)

Who do we ask to get it on an Irish server??
    kdja

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭noog

I think revhellfire might put one up now the patch is out, or he may just wait for it to be released.. afaik the only reason he didnt keep his server up was because the dedicated server was unstable, and there was no unix server.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

I was playing on a 32 man server and there was one guy who was a medic wouldnt kill anyone just kept driving around givng out health rahter freaky must have been a nurse on strike or somfin .

But have seen thsoe idiots shooting up the planes on a few servers at least Team kill kick works in BF .

kdja

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭theCzar

anybody know anything about the demo crashing out from the loading screen? I can't get into a game at all...I blame my new ATi Radeon (sh!t radeon, not good radeon) drivers...I reckon I'll blow all the money I made this summer on a GeForce 4

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭theCzar

<---- 500th post

you'd think if I was willing to spam like this I would have hit the quintuple century a long time ago

Advertisement