Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV Launch Flat-Rate Internet Package

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Griff667

Seems to be dead here at the moment too. Hope it's sorted out soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Mark_irl

Anyone who hasnt joined UTV yet , should hold on untill they sort out the problem, it's dead again tonite, I can see myself leaving after the first month for health reasons, my blood pressure must be sky high.Had to use IOL to post this, Eircom must be loving this.

Yep, I'm having the exact same problem. Thought I'd sorted it out until I realised I'd been dialling the free account by accident (doh!). Fails the password check every time, thought it might have been a CLID issue until I remembered I had Eircom re-list me ages ago.

PS - molinaalexis, if you're on UTVip you're dialling the wrong number, check your activation email.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Martin-UTVi

We've currently taken some hardware out of service to investigate the current ping issues and expect everything to be working 100% asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Having the same sign up problem here. I'm working thru it though with their TS and will update you all when its sorted.

Regarding the outage tonight apparently they were switching a router and it should be sorted now (thought I'd add that as I was here).

Gandalf.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Originally posted by Martin-UTVi

or an issue with Eircom handing over the non-geographic numbers.

this could be the problem when i dial into oceanfree i use a local number but if i dail inot utv's 1890 or east's 1891 number my pings are high

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 vronique

my dad had to get CLI deactivated..were unable to connect with 142 +the carrier +1890******
    vronique

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭acous

still dead here. is there anywhere to look for news on this or do we have to keep checking this thread? is this all a scam to keep the thread posts high and get publicity? :)

a chat room would be cool.

This is the error I'm getting:
    Error 718: The computer you're dialing in to cannot establish a Dial-Up Networking connection. Check your password, and then try again.
    Occasionally A pop-up box appears asking me to re-enter my password also.

Update: Just noticed that I'm also getting "Error 691" occasionally, with the same message as the one listed above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Scott Taunton

In upgrading the system to maximise connection speeds, we have experienced a major outage involving carrier class routing equipment in Dublin.

We are now rerouting all ROI calls to our Belfast POP at our expense. This will, however, cause some capacity problems connecting users. There may be some engaged tones while this happens, but once connected you should be OK.

Please accept our apologies in the meantime and be assured that at all levels within UTV and our carriers, this is of the highest priority.

We will post an update as soon as possible.

Scott Taunton
    UTVi

• Advertisement

Just to clarify something, is this in response to the people who can connect, but who's connection is practically dead, or is it in response to those of us getting the "Error 691" password verification problem?
    Both - due top the severity of the outage, replication between auth servers is currently non-functioning. But when we get calls re-routed, this will not be an issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭OHP

Ok I know I might have moaned and let off a bit of steam and UTVi is still down (for me anyway). But I have to say im still really impressed at the amount of interaction and help that Scott / Martin etc. are putting into all this. As someone said earlier 'Lets give UTVip a chance to get sorted' I agree. (frustration being held back by huge doses of pill i mean will power :p )

OHP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭David C

Scott,
    Would it be possible for you to set up a service status/news page on your website for customers to visit to keep updated on past, current or planned outages on the system? I think it would ease peoples concerns...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by David C
    Would it be possible for you to set up a service status/news page on your website for customers to visit to keep updated on past, current or planned outages on the system? I think it would ease peoples concerns...

With any other company I'd laugh at a suggestion like that (not at the poster, just at the idea of the lords of our infrastructure (lets say, "Ireland's most popular ISP":rolleyes: ) being that honest)

Good suggestion imho - honesty about progress is always appreciated, especially from those that recommend that friends join a particular ISP over another - which are the type of people this board gets a lot of.

Just an idea - doubt David (or anyone else) will be insulted if the answer is no. If the answer veers towards yes though, it's very hard not to recommend an ISP that takes such steps to keep users informed. All ISPs have the odd few problems. The amount of ISPs that give enough of a damn about their customers to let them know about problems and progress (or even engage them in discussion and make RFCs, as in this thread) is very few (as in "I've never heard of any others").

I still reckon discussion like this between an ISP and its customers is worthy of at least one column inch in any newspsper that keeps its readers informed of web issues in this country.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I've mooted in another thread the idea of creating a UTV Forum to contain these sorts of communications between Users and Company.

Its complicated (would it have ads?... would there be independant moderatorship? etc)
    but if UTV feel any desire for it I'll create it.
    In fact I'd create it for any ISP that desired it (so that would be UTV and maybe NTL then :) )

Just a thought...

DeV.

A UTV support forum would be a good idea, I know UTV have good tech support but it's always comforting to know that people are having the same problems as you are :)

UPDATE: for all the people having password-verification troubles, I finally got connected just a minute ago so you may want to try it again.

Ehhh....http://u.tv/support/status/ is where you'd normally find it, but for an outage of this nature and severity :-(

Edit...

The ROI component of this is disabled due to the severity of the current equipment failure :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭El_MUERkO

Thats a cracking idea DeVore however I dont think Eircom would sign up for it :)

Will post off my Direct Debit for UTV on friday once I have money in my account, I'll definitely need it now that I play Neocron for at least two hours a night :)

All calls are being terminated on our NI POP until the hardware issue is resolved (hopefully next hour or so). Whilst calls are terminating in this manner we may experience some engaged tones :-( Please bear with us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭arkles

guess this months 150 hours will be 155 :), only jokin guys (utvi), keep up the good work, rome wasnt built in a day.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

On the topic of a UTV forum, I'd like to point people - including the UTV geeks and suits - to the Rackshack forums. It's a shining, albeit rare, example of community and business working together, and it's something I'd like to see a hell of a lot more of, particularly at home. They get the odd flame war, but more often than not the community ends up defending the company, and at the end of the day everybody knows what's going on. And Shock! Horror! Rackshack's still making money.

I don't know how UTV would approach this (perhaps Boards would help by acting as a buffer of sort, or perhaps it would be better in-house) or whether it would even work in this situation (especially given the past in the marketplace), but it can work, and it would be nice to see a company like UTV take a step forward and give it a go. I'll understand completely if they don't, but it'd be nice if they did. :)

adam

Should now be fixed and everything running as normal :-)

This will be monitored and we have already started the process of ensuring we do not see a similar outage of this nature.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'm going off line and re-connecting with UTV.

See you in a minute I hope!

Mike.

Edit Whoa! 4.5-5.5 KB/s :)

Actually its nearer 6-7 KB/s Keeep it up guys! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,399 ✭✭✭ando

great to see it sorted for you guys ;) !

I however am still waiting on the email ! lol

Just got hit with the 2-hour cut off. Accoring to the Event Viewer in win2k I connected at 22:11:16 and got disconnected at 00:11:19
    I'm assuming you were connected whilst we were routing traffic via NI? Part of the limitations of this was that the preferences for the handler you were using had a 2 hour cutoff. Log back on again and you'll be using the correct "handler".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Mark_irl

Thank you all at UTV, seems to be working fine now, very fast

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Dotsie~tmp

I can log on now and its very fast for 56k imo. Very please. Thx.

Dotsie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭arkles

yes well done guys, give the maintainance crew a sweetie and the morning off, ahh go on, go on. Seeing the guys at utvi are so brill maybe they will get us UTV tv on sky digital in the roi:D

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭G

I have a fat 7.5/sec atm. If it holds out for another 4 hours I'll have XPsp1.

& if UTV take a support forum here I'll happily eat my mouse. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭pepsiman

were unable to connect with 142 +the carrier +1890******

I have this problem still ("Error 679: The Line is Busy"). Then connected with 142+1890****** which connected, but I guess that's at my expense...

Have sent an email off to UTVip support, the second today - the first around 3pm, still awaiting response, the second minutes ago. I'm a patient fellow, won't mind waiting a day or two (not forgetting I am used to waiting weeks on end for Eircom support to get back to me).

As others let you know, so do I.

/Thomas

PS! I still think UTVip is King

Advertisement