Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV Launch Flat-Rate Internet Package

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Griff667

I'm getting the password errors again here, unable to connect at all once more. Still, I managed to connect once today, so that's a marked improvement anyway. Probably just that the system isn't back to full strength yet after the downtime, I guess. All credit to UTV though for once again listening to and acting on their users' comments.

Funny thing is I'd just connected properly for the first time with UTVip and fired up Day Of Defeat for a quick session. As if on cue, a couple of my mates drop by at that very moment so I disconnect and go watch a movie thinking "why not, it's sorted now". A couple of hours later I return to the same bloody error dialog. If anyone in the Donegal area heard a roaring stream of expletives around 1:00, sorry about that ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

Can anyone bring me up to date on this, does the prefix work or do I need to contact Eircom ??

From what I've seen, you need to contact eircom and disable CLID blocking on your phone. The fully-prefixed number doesn't even seem to try to connect at all (in my exchange anyway).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

Grah, 2 hour cut off got me there :P

Are we still working on the Belfast POP or whats the story?

No speed issues, tis nice and fast, just got kicked off after
    2:00:18 :)

I use the "No frills timer", its great :)

Paul

[edit]

Got disconnected 27 minutes later, and i may be back on the dublin pop. but not sure now hehe

[/edit]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭arkles

Mornin guys and gals
    left my modem downloading all night from 1.30 am till 7.45 am on auto connect, looking at the modem log this morning the " remote modem" has hung up every 2 hours to the minute, so i guess we are still on 2 hour cut off ?.
    take care
    ger.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Tazmo

Looking fwd to receiving my e-mail from utv again now.
    Great work overnite by the UTVip gang, very impressed and can't wait to get up and running.
    A UTV forum would be good, would be a shame if we lost their attention here on boards.
    Hope my e-mail comes today day-9 of 10.!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

Originally posted by Muirthile
    Just got connected. Getting pings of 140ms to boards.ie, 120-140ms to carmack.dnagames.net, 150ms to games1.iol.ie, and amazon.com actually loads quickly (maybe I had gotten too used to using eircom.net). Downloads averaging around 3.5-4KB/s (BTW, I'm on a 56k modem). Pleased so far....

if my 56k modem ever gives me a sub200 ping I think I will reboot my pc and hope it goes back up to 400!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,399 ✭✭✭ando

10th business day, still waiting for email

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭G

Well I got disconnected while downloading again last night. Strange thing is my UTVi connection keeps dialing itself randomly, even when there's nothing open. I came back to my machine at 9.30am and it had been on for 5 hours. :eek: :(

G, do you internet connection sharing setup on that dial up? (Dial on demand?)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭corkey

Hi All

What the service like for single isdn 64 any one hooked up on this still waiting for email

Ando.

No I don't but I'll explain. We use the web mostly during office hours so we still use eircomnet as default and ICS is setup on that one. But for some reason the utv connection keeps trying to dial itself, even when there's no programs open and with no other pcs connected to the network. It even dials when the eircom connection is running. :confused:

I've done virus scans, spyware etc. It's probably some box I checked/unchecked in net settings.

Dial on demand
    We don't use that just ICS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭mechanima

Try...

Start Button>Settings>Control Panel>Internet Options>Connections>

Look at the Radio Buttons...

Reset it to "Never Dial a Connection"...

Then make a shortcut to your UTV connection on desktop because it won't auto dial when you open browser or mails...

Also reset Eircom as default connection...(forgot that bit)

And the connection Speeds are now GREAT...

Gaye

It was an autodial feature in My Location (01). :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Tippex

Got my email today......
    Going to set up the account this evening will let you know how I get on....

Tippex

Finally got everything running smoothly, and quelle suprise it was an Eircom screwup holding me back all along. And now that UTV have got their s--t together speed-wise, the service is nothing short of excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Originally posted by ando
    10th business day, still waiting for email

Same here...:(

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭VeeEmmy

Got my e-mail yesterday (day 9, but I've no prob with that!) and got set up this evening. Couldn't get around the CLID bit with the 142, etc, so I rang Eircon today and got it taken off. Working great now.

I'm very relieved not to be paying by the minute now for my 16,800bps connection! (I want to cry when i see y'all moaning about your 56k!).

Maybe "Hi Speed" will come through in a week or so?? (I am so naive...)

THANK YOU, UTV-ip!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Originally posted by mike65

Same here...:(

Mike.

and here... :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

Originally posted by rymus

and here... :(

Ditto Have the T&C on UTVip changed from "max 10 working days" to "usually 10 working days"?

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭zenith

Email arrived, working away happily on single-channel isdn using a router.

C:\WINDOWS\Desktop>ping www.boards.ie

Pinging www.boards.ie [195.218.115.65] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 195.218.115.65: bytes=32 time=68ms TTL=59
    Reply from 195.218.115.65: bytes=32 time=69ms TTL=59
    Reply from 195.218.115.65: bytes=32 time=55ms TTL=59
    Reply from 195.218.115.65: bytes=32 time=68ms TTL=59

Ping statistics for 195.218.115.65:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 55ms, Maximum = 69ms, Average = 65ms

This seems fine for me. No CLID hidden, so no set-up probs.

Hi Zenith

Good man way to UTV
    Cheers
    Corkey

good god zenith, Utv ... from being twice as slow to being twice as fast !!! GO ON YA GOOD THING UTV :p

Indigo:

C:\>ping www.boards.ie

Pinging www.boards.ie [195.218.115.65] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 195.218.115.65: bytes=32 time=130ms TTL=51
    Reply from 195.218.115.65: bytes=32 time=120ms TTL=51
    Reply from 195.218.115.65: bytes=32 time=131ms TTL=51
    Reply from 195.218.115.65: bytes=32 time=120ms TTL=51

Ping statistics for 195.218.115.65:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 120ms, Maximum = 131ms, Average = 125ms

C:\>

jeez, now on 11th business day since ordered

still no email

I guess this is an eircom delay as utv wait on eircom to change line?... if so, I'l get onto them myself

argh 11 day here as well got the first mail with the account number nothing since come on dailing up with eircom is killing me nearly wore out my email from opening it lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

When i rang technical support, they did say that some people got 2 e-mails (me!) and others did not get any at all.

So hang in there, i reckon they will get it sorted soon.

Last night pings were good even on my 56k winmodem :cool:
    even 130ms to boards.ie, so lucky ye on isdn :)

No 2hr cutoffs or engaged tones yet , was using it for about 4 hrs yesterday, speeds were decent, lets hope utv keep up the good work !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Martin-UTVi

Just after doing some digging on the 2hr disconnect, we think it was related to the recent downtime where we had moved calls to our Belfast POP. This is obviously no longer the case, so the disconnect should be 12hrs.
    argh 11 day here as well got the first mail with the account number nothing since come on dailing up with eircom is killing me nearly wore out my email from opening it lol
    We're chasing these up with Eircom/Nevada and hope to get them through to you asap. Naturally its in our interest to get this done as soon as possible :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Hi Martin, if we haven't got the email by ~6pm today, do we have to wait until Monday?

If so, d'oh.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by PiE
    Hi Martin, if we haven't got the email by ~6pm today, do we have to wait until Monday?

I would guess so :( another weekend of watching the netTimer :(

Advertisement