Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV Launch Flat-Rate Internet Package

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Corko

Originally posted by Martin-UTVi

Yes......but if you also made voice calls on your line we would be billing you for these (at Eircom minus 25% rates) as well. So your monthly bill would be €29.99, your Eircom line rental and any voice calls made during the month. Does this help? Your voice calls will be billed monthly via email by ourselves (we can provide a paper based bill, but that is charged extra). Also statements can be viewed online.

Is this 25% reduction true?
    Does it take into account UTVs set up charge per call?

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Mossy

Will it be up to us to keep of track of the amount of hours we've spent online, or will UTVi provide this information over the web, or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Nobody

Mossy, it will be up to you to track your time online.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

Just so people know, UTV use a transparent proxy for web traffic, just incase anyone sees anything odd :), by this i mean that even if you dont specify a proxy in Internet explorer or your Default broswer all traffic is routed via this address.

I noticed it today when viewing a website online where it reported my ip address.

its the ip of ie-cache.utvinternet.com (i have a static IP, thats how I knew there was something odd going on)

It makes view boards a delight thou, seems very fast :)

Regards,

Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Originally posted by flamegrill

I wouldn't say that's just a coincidence ;]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭zynaps

Originally posted by flamegrill
    its the ip of ie-cache.utvinternet.com (i have a static IP, thats how I knew there was something odd going on)

"ie-cache", eh?
    "fast", eh?

looks like utv's southern userbase has a lot of viewers of these 'ere boards ;)

What a coincidence...

zynaps

The internet, eh?
    Maude, eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

presuming that these forums are for stupid ppl aswell , I just d/l the form fill it out and post the lot to utv..then sit back and wait yeah?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

there is ftp space, which can be found @ users.utvinternet.com

however I have not found a url which points to such web space, nor do i know how much disk space we have on there. And again like eircoms ftp space, you must be on utv dialup to get onto it.

I'm sure our guys in UTV can sort answer this for us.

Regards,

Paul

with a little bit of diggin around on the utv newsgroups, i found the following.

http://www.flamey.utvinternet.ie/

where my little hello world message can be found. :)

glad to be of service :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Styx

Originally posted by Muirthile
    Now all I need to know is if they have some sort of FormMail ....
    link

HTH

Chuck

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

Got the e-mail.

What number to i phone to get eircom to lift Caller ID blocking??

• Advertisement

Originally posted by NeoSlicers
    Got the e-mail.

Was it sent today? Saturday? ...is there a chance I could have mine before Monday?! :\

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

Originally posted by Muirthile
    I can't be sure, but I'd say 1901. Make sure you try 142,,13513,,1890****** for the UTVip number first. The extra comma might make a difference.

Already tryed it before u suggested it , no difference

PiE , my e-mail was sent on Wed, 18 Sep 2002 12:31:54 +0100

Just that i didn't manage to check that account a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭nahdoic

nope. it's working perfectly for me.

in fact i've been really impressed with UTVip this weekend. pings are fast, downloads are fast, connection is stable (connected for well over 4 hours before I decided to disconnect). it's very, very good now.

just something i've noticed.

if i disconnect. then try to re-connect immediately. it has simply never worked for me.

it could be a problem with my system. but i've tried rebooting my system, and then trying to connect again and it still fails.

it will get as far as verifying username and password and them bomb out.

but if i don't try to connect and wait about 10 minutes, then I try to connect it will always work first time.

this has happened without fail, each and every time i've disconnected and tried to re-dial. it is quite strange. perhaps something doesn't register with your system quickly enough when someone disconnects?

it's not a biggie ... but it might be worth looking into? especially when you have to pay for the connection charge to eircom each time I try to connect.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Dannygirl

Originally posted by nahdoic
    just something i've noticed.

if i disconnect. then try to re-connect immediately. it has simply never worked for me.

it could be a problem with my system. but i've tried rebooting my system, and then trying to connect again and it still fails.

it will get as far as verifying username and password and them bomb out.

but if i don't try to connect and wait about 10 minutes, then I try to connect it will always work first time.

I have had this problem for a few months now, but with whichever isp I log on with. I have to reboot each time I want to connect otherwise on any second connection attempt it hangs on verifying username and password. I presume it's my computer that needs looking at though and not an isp thing. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Dannygirl

Still waiting on my UTV email. Signed up on the 5th Sept. :(

Dg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Tazmo

Originally posted by nahdoic
    especially when you have to pay for the connection charge to eircom each time I try to connect.
    As far as I was aware, UTVip is free offpeak, therefore there should be no connection charge, no matter how often you dial in during offpeak hours.
    Correct me if I am wrong.

Free for us but UTV still have to pay them :\

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭nahdoic

Originally posted by Tazmo

As far as I was aware, UTVip is free offpeak, therefore there should be no connection charge, no matter how often you dial in during offpeak hours.
    Correct me if I am wrong.

I was just worrying about the cost to UTVip, not me. The actual users don't pay for the connection charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

mailed off the forms on friday last. do the 10 business days start on monday, or when I receive a confirmation email or wha :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭El_MUERkO

Amount you spend staying online for 30days on eircoms 56k subscription service - €1.00
    Amount a british user spends staying online for a month on BT's 56k subscription service - £35

tiz can you give me the number of this €1.00 service :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭David C

I have had this problem for a few months now, but with whichever isp I log on with. I have to reboot each time I want to connect otherwise on any second connection attempt it hangs on verifying username and password. I presume it's my computer that needs looking at though and not an isp thing

Lemme guess.. Winmodem?
    My Dell came with a USR (3Com) Winmodem..
    It used to not dial after not getting through on the first try and I would have to reboot to dial again.. You can imagine having this at the height of Esat SNL where you were almost guarenteed to not get through on the first attempt. I also had only one line which made it worse as I periodically had to disconnect/reconnect to allow someone to use the phone... The modem also tended to make whining noises when not in use...

In short Winmodems = Evil!
    Have a nice external modem now that I got in Maplin and don't know myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

Still waiting on my UTV email. Signed up on the 5th Sept

Same boat as me.You're not alone:(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 468 ✭✭trap4

This might be a really thick question :p but I just don't want to give Eircom one cent more than I've already done so.....

If I dial my mobile phone from my internet line and the mobile displays my fixed line number, that means CLID is not blocked right??

Go easy on me now ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

right

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Originally posted by Dannygirl

Dg

I applied online with my credit card details, got a confirmation email that day. Still waiting on a delivery of an isdn modem from ebay too! The anticipation is killing me!

Btw, those few on the isdn modems, what kind of speeds are you getting?

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

u get 64k are u also waiting on eircom to upgrade ypur line to isdn this can take a while
    took them 6 weeks after i ordered it :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭zenith

Originally posted by Legbreaker

Btw, those few on the isdn modems, what kind of speeds are you getting?

ISDN always connects at 64k - it'll never connect at 9.6! - and data throughput is pretty constantly high: I was faffing around with Kazaa at the weekend, and was seeing a constant 7k/sec.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Malcolm

Originally posted by Dannygirl

Dg

Update on activations

We have been and are still waiting on confirmation from eircom for activation of a large quantity of CLI's. However, we have undertaken an analysis of call records and discovered that a quantity of customers have had CPS active from last week and therefore able to avail of the UTVip package. We are currently taking the CLI's and activating them on our system. Therefore we will be sending out a large quantity of e-mails today informing customers that they can start using the service.

If you have ordered the service before the 10th Sept and do not receive an e-mail today please contact me directly on malcolm@u.tv and we will investiagte the progress of your CLI.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'm on UTV flat rate, Yehaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrr! :D

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,399 ✭✭✭ando

I'm On UtvIP iswell :) 64k sweeeeeeet

thx malcolm

BTW, this was a supprise, very VERY nice supprise

I havent done much else with the connection, but so far its very impressive... :p

utv.jpg

Advertisement