Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV Launch Flat-Rate Internet Package

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

IMHO, UTV are the best ISP on the planet.

I can not believe the service i have gotten from them. Its mental :)
    Dont ever change UTV, well dont go down the road of Eircom, Esat or any other.

I applaud you UTV.

Cheers,

Paul (a very very very happy customer :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭morgana

Got my actication email today (day 7) :cool: - now coming to you with UTV - looks good so far. Just a couple of outages at the beginning of the connection but seems to have settled now ... another happy camper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Rez-N-8

Woohoo just got my account today its very cool been able to stay online without watching the clock to much.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,399 ✭✭✭ando

only thing, the pings are still a tad slow for gaming

80-100 pings to jolt.co.uk, where 40-50 is the norm, but downloading is very good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Mr.M

i got my e-mail earlier today from UTVip.i sent my DD form last Monday, got an e-mail confirming that they received it on Tuesday and this Tuesday i activated the account and all it took was 6working days.thanks UTV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Dangit, sent mine off on the 8th and I still haven't gotten the activation email, even though Malcolm said it was sent today! And I know the email address is working.

Does the connection need a specific username/password? Or is it like Esats "NoLimits/NoLimits"? If it is, someone tell me and I'll see if it works? 'Cos apparently my line is ready to go... ta :]

@pie
    i am using the same user and pass as i did on my old UTV connection.

it does need a specific username and pass, you get it when you sign up online after the email, although I think a normal 'free' account works iswell? not sure though

I'll give it a try with my free account... er... whats the number? :]

To get 128K, can I combine UtvIP with a 'Free' UTV dial up ?

PS,

Pie, check your email. Your private message inbox is full :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Ocrasorm

Said goodbye to "nolimits" tonight and am up with UTVip.

There is a noticable improvement on speeds. I did a test and it's between 53 amd 58 on a 56k modem:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Right I finally got an semi intelligent question to ask(i think)

Its for the utv guys...here goes..

what router technology do ye use ..is it ascend ?

actually i have no idea what that means but my good friends on the continent suggested I find out and choose my modem accordingly...ascend = best is lucent ( which i have )
    not ascend = thne i should try to pick up a us robitics.

If no one replys to this then I'll know it was a bull**** question.

tks in advance.

btw..just filled out my form..gonna post it tomorrow....
    if the phone bill go down then my wiffe might love me again:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Martin-UTVi

To get 128K, can I combine UtvIP with a 'Free' UTV dial up
    With them dialling different numbers and using separate usernames and passwords......it will work providing your drivers support it.
    what router technology do ye use ..is it ascend
    The router equipment we use is Cisco based.....but I think the question you are asking is what terminal servers are we using? These are predominently (at the minute) Ascend/Lucent. As we grow the service, this may not remain the case though.

Originally posted by Martin-UTVi

With them dialling different numbers and using separate usernames and passwords......it will work providing your drivers support it.

ok, just an advancement on that quiery. Would it be possable to pay 2 subscriptions so that I can get 150hrs at 128k ? (ie, €60 a month)

ok, just an advancement on that quiery. Would it be possable to pay 2 subscriptions so that I can get 150hrs at 128k ? (ie, €60 a month)
    Ok, this one is easy to implement technically....but there are billing and administrative issues with it. We're looking into it.

600th post :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

nah it must be rigged sure everyone knows there no interest in flat rate net access in ireland ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭El_MUERkO

I just installed an ISDN modem for my aunt, I tried to connect to her normal ISP whos name i wont mention... guess what... it wouldnt connect the ISDN.

2 minutes later she was up and running 128k on UTV free dialup :)

I suggested UTVip-lite but she doesnt want the seperate billing. As soon as other companies are able to provide line rental alot more people are going to jump ship from... eir&Y(&^%^$$

/see what happens when there name comes up :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

ah, just got my email telling me I'll be up and running in 10 working days, wheras ******, sorry, eírcón told me I'll be waiting 6 weeks before a technician is in the area for my 64k... bah humbug..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

only got the confirmation email. applied first week in september what happened to the ten day thingy.

and theres me thinking paying by credit card would be quicker

one quick easy question.i have connected to my new number and i ust want to make sure i am not being charged for this.so is there any way i could connect to the new utv number if i was not properly connected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Hannibal_12

Ok, this one is easy to implement technically....but there are billing and administrative issues with it. We're looking into it.

605 now with an astounding 24948 views. I think this proves that €ircon could very well be the single most out of touch company in the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Griff667

Originally posted by Mr.M
    one quick easy question.i have connected to my new number and i ust want to make sure i am not being charged for this.so is there any way i could connect to the new utv number if i was not properly connected.

I think you have to be set up right to connect to UTVip, I had to re-enable CLID on my phone to connect at all. The only real mistake you could make would be to enter the UTVfree number by mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

Originally posted by Muck
    Martin

80% of my bill is to mobiles

80% of this (about 2 thirds of my calls bill) is to 2 numbers in particular for which I get a 10% discount called circle of friends.

Does UTVIP have a 'Family and Friends' discount for 5 or 10 stated numbers called 'circle of friends' in Eircom speak.

If so

a) What is this scheme called
    b) Does your web interface allow subscribers to manage this list

The Discount on calls to the 2 mobile numbers I mentioned reduces my OVERALL calls bill by 6% and calls to mobiles alone by 8% or so.

M

Where does UTV get the 25% cheaper figure? Does it take into account UTV's set up calls charge or Eircoms discount plans?

UTV are very welcome as eircom has provided a very expensive internet service but will you let us know about your claim of 25% cheaper and whether UTV have any discount plans so that we can compare like with like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Malcolm

Originally posted by Cork

Where does UTV get the 25% cheaper figure? Does it take into account UTV's set up calls charge or Eircoms discount plans?

UTV are very welcome as eircom has provided a very expensive internet service but will you let us know about your claim of 25% cheaper and whether UTV have any discount plans so that we can compare like with like?

The 25% cheaper than eircom is based on the standard eircom per minute rate for local, national and international calls.

Currently we match eircom rates for mobile and other call types and will be looking to discount these in the future if possible due to high volume.

At present we are unable to offer specific discount packages but again may in the future.

If we were to match like for like we would charge you a lot more for your internet access.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

The 25% cheaper than eircom is based on the standard eircom per minute rate for local, national and international calls.

But the 25% compassison is still unfair as you fail to factor in call set up charges.

Why did ye fail to factor these in as it is impooible to make a call on UTV without incurring them or is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

When you register for UTV (following 'the mail') you're prompted to download and install a .ins (internet settings). It seems to be just setting up IE and Outlook with customised titles and the like - can I ignore this file?

When you register for UTV (following 'the mail') you're prompted to download and install a .ins (internet settings). It seems to be just setting up IE and Outlook with customised titles and the like - can I ignore this file?
    Obviously you need to use the correct username and password - but if you know what you're doing, then you can ignore this .ins file and implement things manually!

i got my e-mail confirming my activation yesterday.i dialled up the new number and i tought that everything was fine.i just now checked my mail and i have received another e-mail from utv informing me that i was able to use the service but this time i had to dial the new number but with a prefix of 13513.does this mean that i had not been properly activated yesterday.because i dialled the new number yesterday without a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Just got connected... impressed with the speed (even tho I'm only using a 56k modem). Thanks for the help Malcolm

• Advertisement

Yay, got it working. Thanks helpful UTV people ;]

But er... the monthly 150hrs begins the first time you connect after activating the account yea?

Advertisement