Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV Launch Flat-Rate Internet Package

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,399 ✭✭✭ando

17 dial up attempts here before getting connected. Its just a glitch, prolly be fixed soon enough :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

About 8 here, although it was dialing for ages around 6pm and didnt get on at all.

On now and not loggin off till i go to bed :)

Id say it could be hazarous weather conditions :)

Paul

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

it seems to be just like nolimits before people got kicked off :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

UTV free is giving trouble now too.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Martin-UTVi

Chasing this down at the minute - looks like modems were being held, even though calls had been hung-up. The problem should be resolved now, although we're trying to chase down why this has happened and also at what stage of the user->telco->Nevada->UTVi was causing the problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

anyone with an irc program can log onto utvip.ie on quakenet..

and bitch to their hearts content
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭El_MUERkO

Just tried now having been on Eircom for the evening, connected first time at 48.0 Kbps which I've never done on this phoneline before.

/crosses fingers and hopes this isnt a freak occurance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭OHP

Gandalf if you get back online can you let me know if you got your modem to work using UTVip. I still cannot get connected using it no matter what I and I am still using Oceanfree no problem but at a cost. Sorry to hear about the rest of ye guys not being able to connect now too I thought it was just ISDN users with the a/m modems. I am being hopefull that UTV can sorth this all out and fast.

OHP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭mechanima

Ok, just after watching "My Best Friends Wedding" on TV (primarily cos I couldn't log on) I feel driven to say:

I love you guys at UTVIP...I love you SO much I really need you to QUIT being "engaged"...

(And I got kicked offline at this point).

WHAT is going on?

G

I can now get online first time everytime, but its dropping me after about 5 minutes each time.

oddness :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Fixed my ASS! I managed to connect, only to get kicked off after a few minutes. Now i'm getting continuous error 718's, which is on the ISP's end.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

No probs pour moi, for once :]

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Rags

Guess I must be one of the lucky ones, no probs here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭OHP

The 'Pay as You Go' or old UTV (not UTVip) dialup is working fine for me now but its a lot slower even with ISDN. And while im typing this some person is scanning my HD?

OHP

Seems to have settled now, but for how long...? :)

Martin any update ?

Paul

Martin any update ?

Seems settled at the minute. Obviously we're looking real hard at what has happened and trying to get to the bottom of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

was having the same non-comnnection problems, rang tech support and they said that the dial-up number had changed from 135131890927161 to 1890927161 dropping the 13513 prefix

This seems to have fixed it

Its a bit unsatisfactory that they make a change like this without immediately emailing all subscribers to give us warning

Yeah seems grand for me too Martin. Go get some sleep you crazy insomniac UTV types! :OP

Originally posted by pork99
    was having the same non-comnnection problems, rang tech support and they said that the dial-up number had changed from 135131890927161 to 1890927161 dropping the 13513 prefix

To be honest your dialing the same number so it wasnt that.
    it should actually be 13513,1890927161 the comma is quite important.

the 13513 code tries to force calls over the nevada tele network, but since your cps is provider by them dialing without it is one and the same.

Paul

I see

the email to notify my a/c was set up gave 135131890927161 as the no. not 13513,1890927161 ??????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,399 ✭✭✭ando

I'm still not confident enough to drop the 13513
    Anyway, I connected first time there :) First time I've done that today ;)

I see

the email to notify my a/c was set up gave 135131890927161 as the no. not 13513,1890927161 ??????

either way it doesnt actually matter. the "," is there for a slight delay.

i'd use the , anyway :)

and always use that number :)

You cant go wrong then :)

Paul

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Malcolm

Please note the 13513 prefix is contained within our dial-up number as a safeguard against customers dialling up without CPS and being billed by eircom. As some customers have been delayed in getting their CPS activated we have manually activated their internet account only and their calls are still through eircom so if they dial without using 13513 they will be charged by eircom. Therefore, please continue to use the prefix and bear with us through these changes.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

Originally posted by Malcolm
    Please note the 13513 prefix is contained within our dial-up number as a safeguard against customers dialling up without CPS and being billed by eircom. As some customers have been delayed in getting their CPS activated we have manually activated their internet account only and their calls are still through eircom so if they dial without using 13513 they will be charged by eircom. Therefore, please continue to use the prefix and bear with us through these changes.

If I've recieved a bill though and all my calls are going through UTV then I'd be safe enough removing the prefix right? Also, is there any extra software needed to utilise the faster dialup with V92 or should the modem just support it anyway? I have a V92 modem. Also, do you know where to get Modem on Hold software as my modem didn't come with any. Thanks!

thanks for the info flamegrill :)

changed my setup to 13513,1890927161 before I logged off last night - will see how that works

Also, is there any extra software needed to utilise the faster dialup with V92 or should the modem just support it anyway? I have a V92 modem. Also, do you know where to get Modem on Hold software as my modem didn't come with any.
    No extra software needed.....but make sure you have the latest drivers and firmware for your modem! Not too sure about the modem on hold software, you might want to post more details on the make and model of your modem.

Linux users were having some difficulty connecting with the vanilla setup of their PPP daemon. We've made some changes to the initial PPP negotiation settings, and the default settings should work fine now.

Can I please ask that if you raise a support issue in this forum, could you please also raise it within our newsgroup utv.support? Whilst this is the perfect "discussion" forum, it would make our lives a bit easier from a support point of view to see utv.support used as well as, or instead of boards.ie for purely support related issues. As has already been pointed out, we're now over 1000 posts and this thread is getting a tad unwieldy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Martin not wanting to be a pain in the ass here but if I can't connect to your network I cannot access or post to the newsgroup.

Any update on the ZyXEL Omni.net Plus issue yet ?

Gandalf.

Martin not wanting to be a pain in the ass here but if I can't connect to your network I cannot access or post to the newsgroup.
    Obviously in this case, we're more than happy to reply in this forum.
    Any update on the ZyXEL Omni.net Plus issue yet
    Nothing yet - can you let me know (email me martin@u.tv) your CLI for your UTVip dialup?

TIA

Just posted this on UTVip support forum;

I got a UTVip account last week as I was tired of being gouged by Eircom

Unfortunately so far I cannot believe how slow and unreliable it is, even
    compared to 56k dialup from Indigo (which I thought was poor until this
    week!)

Are any steps being taken to rectify this?

If things do not improve radically I will be taking my business to EsatBT at
    the end of the contract period.

Its sad but it seems thought in this country you either get robbed for a barely adequate service or pay a more reasonable rate for something that does not work very well (no not sad more f~cking pathetic)

• Advertisement

Pork - I've had UTVip over 2 months now and it's been GREAT up till a few days ago when they upgraded some things. Since then i'm getting every DUN error code under the sun, and terribly slow connections. Give it another few days. Netsmart is just as slow :P

Advertisement