Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WIN 2000 LOGIN Problem

• 05-09-2002 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

Howdy,

I'll try explain best I can lads and lassies... hmmm

1 Server running windows 2000
    18 workstations loging onto the doamin (domain1)

2 pc's were running slow, file issues somewhere, so me in all me madness opened up what I thought was the best running pc on the network.
    I then took out the 2 hard drives of the slow pc's, Using ghost I copied all the contents of the good pc hdd to the 2 other hdd's.
    I then put all pc's back together.
    Now the only error I was expecting was something like 2 (or 3) pc's using the same name on the network. I got that and went in and changed the newly copied hdd pc name back to its orignal name in this case hp-01 and hp-02. Now all going well on the reboot each machine should now logon onto the network. But No!!! didn't work, its saying I'm using wrong username or password... now I did add a new user (admin) and gave it every right possible to see if that would work.. But still No!!!!

Any Ideas where I went worng?

Thanks

Tom

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,432 ✭✭✭ando

take the pc's out of the domain and then change the pc's name. rejoin into the domain. make sure your tcp/ip is different

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭tmcd

I hear ya....

I tried that....

Instead of logon to domain I select logon onto this pc
    standard setup should let me logon on as Administrator or Guest
    Still gives me the same error.

I brought home one of the pc's today, going to interagate the bas*ard all weekend....
    worst thing is, I really should just format and pop in all the app cd's .... thats too easy .. i want to know why i cant do it the other way... handy if i could... if any of the other pc's stuffed up it would only take a few mins to fix

Any other ideas lads ?

Advertisement