Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DILLIGER ESCAPE PLAN - Music Centre this Sunday (+ The Icarus Line)

Options
  • 05-09-2002 10:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭

Reports from THE DILLINGER ESCAPE PLAN's notorious live show from The Reading/Leeds festivals the weekend before last:

' "We're not The Strokes!' screams implausibly buffed DEP frontman Greg Puciato as his band rips into another precision burst of ultra-compex jazz-metal. You don't say... Shredding together guitar widdly spiralling and a brutal speedcore assault, Dillinger may be the first band of weekend on the Main Stage, but they set a noise benchmark that no other band even comes close to equalling. Heavier than Slipknot, harder than The Prodigy and scarier than Aphex, Dillinger are the festival's real heavywights.' NME

Do you dare...........?

POD.ie presents

The DILLINGER ESCAPE PLAN (New Jersey)
    +
    THE ICARUS LINE (Los Angeles)
    +
    SHAT

Temple Bar Music Centre

This Sunday 8th September

Ticket €15 from Ticketmaster and usual outlets.

Two of America’s most notorious loud guitar acts play a show together a Dublin’s Temple Bar Music Centre on Sunday 8th September – both The Dillinger Escape Plan and The Icarus Line have created their own underground cult following and each has a performance renowned for intensity, guitar-rage and mindblowing energy.

“New Jersey’s The Dillinger Escape Plan combine the fusal intensity of hardcore and technical precision of metal with mind-boggling tempo changes and jazzy freakouts” ArtistDirect.com.

The Dillinger Escape Plan have just finished a sold-out European arena tour as personal guests of System of a Down. This coming weekend they will play the main stage at the prestigious Reading and Leeds festivals before heading off on tour with The Icarus Line to promote their new EP “Irony is a Dead Scene” which features Mike Patton (Faith No More, Mr Bungle, Tomahawk) on lead vocals.

www.dillingerescapeplan.com

“The Icarus Line lurch into an impenetrable wall of psyche rock built on malignant grooves, hair flailing and guitars duelling as a venue of converts go suitably ape**** to a sound that teethers on the brink of collapse. This is a very special band indeed.” Kerrang!

Los Angeles-based noise punks The Icarus Line already made an impression in Dublin in early March this year when they headlined one of the No Disco New Breathe nights at the POD. Having spent most of the summer recording the follow-up to their debut album ‘Mono’. If reports from their current tour of Australia and Japan are to be believed; this will see quite a change in direction for the band.

www.theicarusline.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

No review of the singer havin a dump on stage and chuckin it at the crowd..... spose it wont sell many extra tickets really.

Cant wait to see Icarus line again in a good venue, shame I cant afford to go but may have to sell relatives unless anyone cxan help me in this quest of all things black an red

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Sandi

Saw The Dillinger Escape Plan at the Leeds Festival. Rubbish! I was looking forward to seeing them but I wasn't impressed at all. Can't say anything about the Icarus Line...never seen 'em. I just hope for money's sake that The DEP put on a better show than they did at Leeds!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Ickies played the pod in march...strange venue but atmos was just right, all sweaty and close to stage level. Someone even tried to heckle them and got shouted down.....good call. Think dillingers would be suited by indoor venue such as TBMC, may be wrong as not seen em yet. Icarus line are worth admission price alone...trust me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

i saw em in leeds too and thought they were great...didnt know what to expect and then they were so crazy and you wouldnt expect it to work but for me it did...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 roma

Dillinger are brilliliant.

Calculating Infinity is a ****ing amazing album.

Saw them in Dorans, easily the most unhinged, intense, dangerous and passionate display of music I've ever witnessed.

Can't wait to see 'em tonight......

• Advertisement
Advertisement