Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Virus Checker

• 05-09-2002 11:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭

Can anybody tellme where to get a virus checker of resonable quality that is free/shareware??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

http://www.grisoft.com/html/us_index.htm?session=f924f9f92bd49c651a6e2b9a828bb673
    avg anti virus
    i use it - its v.good and free
    what more can u ask for

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,349 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Go for AVG, I've been using it for a good while now. Never had any problems with it, it's easy to keep updated and like MiCr0 said, it's free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Cause AVG is free, you cant really complain, but ... in work i am a network admin, and I seen that AV solutions like Sophos brought out 8 - 10 updates while Grisoft didnt bring out an update for a month or so. There were nearly daily updates for Inoculate It also!

Sohos emailed there subscribers each time a new virus was found that month (not quite daily .. but there were enough), so I was keeping an eye on AVG to see when its next update came out.

Now perhaps AVG was so good it didnt need to be updated ... but I've always belived you get what you pay for!

Just a word of caution.

X

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Online virus checker from Trend Micro:

http://housecall.antivirus.com/

adam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭ando

nortan anti-virus corporate edition... remote nt client install.... yeay baby...

just taught i'd give my 2cents on antivirus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,349 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Originally posted by ando
    nortan anti-virus corporate edition... remote nt client install.... yeay baby...

Since when has Norton Corporate been share/freeware?

Advertisement