Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Cork Dangerous?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭deco

more terribely mature comments on boards.ie...

The muppets seem to breeding at a really fast rate.....

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭DesertFox

.... I can't say that walking around Cork on your own late at night is necessarily dangerous. I myself have often been walked through the city quite late and have never came across trouble, cept maybe differant groups out side of the maltings, or just where Oliver Plunkett st meets Grand Parade where I witnessed 4 dudes with golf clubs beating the **** out of some pure unfortunate ... I have to agree with some of the other posters do, that if you look for trouble well you'll definitily get it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 785 ✭✭✭zenith

Originally posted by DesertFox
    .... where Oliver Plunkett st meets Grand Parade where I witnessed 4 dudes with golf clubs beating the **** out of some pure unfortunate ...

Vicious bastards, those golfers. They all dress like pimps, tho' so they're easy to spot.

Which club were they from? From the M.O., sounds like they were Kinsale, but could have been Macroom if they were using sand wedges.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Originally posted by dahamsta
    Wahs aren't welcome here.

"Wahs" - now THERES a word I havent heard in a while :D:D:D

Ahh that brings back memories. thanks for the trip down memory lane adam :D

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Fiesta111

My cousins friend got stabbed in daylight...Daylight. I'd recommend staying away from Robert street, just off panna, that place is always dodgy looking! At night, the city is full of drunks coming home from clubs. Stay on patricks st away from hillbillies on the grand parade. just don't anyone any bad looks.
    And thats the travel tips with fiesta111 :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

Fiesta111 wrote: »
    My cousins friend got stabbed in daylight...Daylight. I'd recommend staying away from Robert street, just off panna, that place is always dodgy looking! At night, the city is full of drunks coming home from clubs. Stay on patricks st away from hillbillies on the grand parade. just don't anyone any bad looks.

9 years later, that has to be a record.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Awesome, Its like, back from the dead...The resurrection...

Cork isn't too bad just be clued in to what's going on around you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭Straight Talker

Cork is grand.It has it's problems but i still feel safer here than i do in Dublin or Limerick.:)

Cork 1990 All Ireland Senior Hurling and Football Champions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭Straight Talker

Fiesta111 wrote: »

Is this poster a wum or is he/she serious?

Cork 1990 All Ireland Senior Hurling and Football Champions

Any male who is 20+ who reckons Cork is a rough city would really want to man up as they say on the telly. Fair enough if ladies or kids (under 20s) are intimidated by the tracksuit clad folk asking for a cigarette late at night.

• Advertisement
Advertisement