Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Box swtiches itself off when Red button pressed

• 06-09-2002 11:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I have a second Grundig digibox that is in occasional use.

I've recently started using it a bit more and I've noticed that it tends to switch itself off if I use the Red Button interactive services.

Could this be the software? If I need to manually update the software how do I do this? Bear in mind the box is not connected to any phone line.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

Hi Richard,

Before manually updating the software check the current version in the System details. The latest version is 3.something (previous was 2.8). If you need to update it, then take the viewing card out of the box (a few have been fried), plug it out of the mains. Hold down the backup button on the box (not the remote) and plug the box back in. Wait a couple of seconds. All the lights on the front of the box will come on and if the TV is connected via scart you will see a message. The download will take about 10 mins. Do not disconnect the power or the dish during the download.

Advertisement