Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

REMOVE - Counter****e board

• 06-09-2002 1:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭

The general feeling these days on the counterstrike board is that is dead. Maybe its time it was deleted and moved back into the halflife board again. That way all the lurkers would have somthing to read.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

oooooo countervertial!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

The general feeling these days on the counterstrike board is that is dead. Maybe its time it was deleted and moved back into the halflife board again. That way all the lurkers would have somthing to read.

I support this idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Errrr
    The Counter Strike League of Ireland is currently in progress involving 10 clans.

I dont think its dead quite yet :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭Littletinyman

It's dead because it's been moderated... muppetry is the essence of CS :) But yeah, the Irish league is currently underway... and merging the two boards would just have annoying weenies like Neo posting shite to our precious topics :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭m0o|Dino

let me have my acsess back cause im now all mature and stuff, il livin up the place

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

What topics ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

it does seem quite thin on the ground topics wise..

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

The CS board is still more active than the Quake board, the Unreal board and the HL board, and the CS board is moderated.

The CS board is only 'dead' relative to what it used to be.

shut up kaids

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭bugler

Merge it with the Quake and Tribes boards, that'll really send the place wild.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

Originally posted by kaids
    The CS board is still more active than... ...and the HL board, and the CS board is moderated.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=26
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=15

WRONG MIKE!¬!!¬

The cs board got boring when it became moderated, i think a lot of people only read it for the flames :)

NO YOUR WRONG you fleaBAG

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

The CS Board is perfectly fine as it is...
    Like Kaids said the other boards are, funnily enough, less active than the CS Board, and wether or not CS is dead or not, the clans involved in the game will always need a place to bleat about stuff... If you merge CS with other boards this will either lead to new clans continuously requesting new community boards (Which is trying to be stomped down on seeing as there are too many damn Boards in the first place) or it will lead to conflict on the merged Board...

I can list plenty of other boards that are less active than the CS Board, and I bet even they wouldn't be nominated for merging / deleting.

Basically, merging / deleting the CS board will lead to more ****e happening opposing to leaving it in the first place...

Thats my opinion, at least.

FLAME

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Where in the hell do muppets like m0o|Dino come from and why is it always on Admin they post?

All he's done here is snipe at other peeps posts.
    let me have my acsess back cause im now all mature and stuff, il livin up the place

LOL! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

Noe!

Yer just used to the CS board before it was moderated!!

Leave It!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Get it away! Filthy CS playing skum.

kaimera your MA is a muppet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭deco

Originally posted by m0o|Dino
    kaimera your MA is a muppet

Would explain your rather immense stupidity.....

flamingmuppet.jpg

And I can safely say people like you are the reason the C-Stike board is moderated...

I say leave it.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Originally posted by deco

Would explain your rather immense stupidity.....

flamingmuppet.jpg

And I can safely say people like you are the reason the C-Stike board is moderated...

I say leave it.

Dino is cool, leave him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

As one of the mods on the cs board i should say something... hmm... kill the cs'ers... how about that. But it doesn't need closing quite yet, we can keep the muppets herded in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

Originally posted by Kaimera
    Where in the hell do muppets like m0o|Dino come from

Cork.

i propose that all admins should unit it one big massive gangbang and flame each other

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,817 ✭✭✭✭po0k

leave it be.

And ban Dino.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Why not merge CS, HF, Unreal and Tribes in one board called FPS. FPS will also double for any new games that come out and get popular with the masses for a short time :)

Id leave the Quake board alone for the simple reasion of it one of the original boards from the early days.

Originally posted by SyxPak
    leave it be.

And ban Dino.

ban is a harsh word my buddy, ive never done nothing to noone /me crys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Originally posted by m0o|Dino

ban is a harsh word my buddy, ive never done nothing to noone /me crys

TRIPLE NEGATIVE!!

.logic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭Wolf

While the CS boards is much quieter and far more construtive these day I miss the days of rampant muppetry that was so lavishly abound on the CS .......oh the flaming (sigh).

But seriously its almost too quiet there now and if you got rid of it what would end up happening is the muppets would spread out and move else where and what would that acomplish?

More annoyance on the other boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Rubbish, the countersh1te board is quiet because everyone is bored bored bored with the game and moved on to other things, like say watching paint dry.

Moving it back into the loving arms of the halflife board frmo were it came, will only help it.

One less dead board clogging up things.

Or maybe it can be put into the 'I thought they were purdy, but now that I'm sober...' board along with tribes. A board were we can all go on over and over how good things were before we saw sense.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

If you merged all the boards into an FPS board you'd just end up with a massive flame war between all the pre-pubescant idiots who don't have anything worthwhile to say for themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭Wolf

Anyone who thinks CS has died just go take a look at the number of clans and servers. nuf said realy

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

yeah unmod it and let dino back in, it was much more fun back then to what it is now...

Every class needs a joker..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

Sorry Rev but I think you're way off, you may be bored with it but there are more clans and servers than you can shake a fist at tbh.

Was fun reading the twats flames but it should stay moderated the way it is. Just because you're bored of it doesn't mean everyone else is :p

There is always a full server to play on at ANY time of the day/night, much less can be said for other games, it is still the most popular online game atm.

Maybe a few months down the road this topic would have gotten my "heartily endorsement" but it's too soon.

Chief good point, maybe we should have it unmodded for a little while to see what kind of idiocy starts to/doesn't start to pop up again...

Advertisement