Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

net usage tracker

Options
  • 06-09-2002 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭

I didn't want to post this in the obscenely large UTV thread since it'd only get lost amongst everything else.

Right what this does is monitor your online time and stores a file of the amount of time you're online each month. It resets when you want it to - right down to a specific minute.

Link: http://users.bigpond.net.au/nmaher

No doubt this'll be useful for those worried about using the ent for 200 hours when you're only supposed to be online for 150 (:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭matthiku

Helpful tool! Thanks, MarkMI6!

Now, what I also need is the ability to configure which Internet Connection should be auto-dialled depending on the time of the day. This is particular useful if you have an off-peak flatrate like the one from UTV and you want to go online during daytime with another ISP.

Does anybody knows something like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Have to endorse the above recommendation for NoFrills Timer - I've been recommending it like a pusher since I first started using it after the NoLimits debacle.

It doesn't record transfers or transfer rates.

All it records is the online time - one for each ISP/dialup connection (you can also set a limit - colour change in the total time so you can't nmiss it) . Reset it once a month and you're laughing.

Two thumbs up.

There are a few others - have a look here for details

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭exiztone

Nice work man :)
    One bad thing is my mother wants to use this too, on her own computer, which happens to be a mac *shudders* ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭OHP

Originally posted by matthiku
    Helpful tool! Thanks, MarkMI6!

Now, what I also need is the ability to configure which Internet Connection should be auto-dialled depending on the time of the day. This is particular useful if you have an off-peak flatrate like the one from UTV and you want to go online during daytime with another ISP.

Does anybody knows something like that?

If you already have a few different ISP connections then try this: Click on START/Settings/Control Panel/Internet Options/Connections and set what ever ISP you want as the default Dial Up Connection. Hope that helps.

OHP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭mofu

thanks,
    This is just what I was looking for:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Try www.dumeter.com
    It does time and data transfer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭mofu

cool, looks great.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Originally posted by MarkMI6 Right what this does is monitor your online time and stores a file of the amount of time you're online each month. It resets when you want it to - right down to a specific minute.
    Link: http://users.bigpond.net.au/nmaher

I prefer the isptimer from:http://www.timesheet.gen.nz/freeware.html

You set a target amount of time on line for a month and it sits in the windows menubar shoing the time remaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Peteer

Originally posted by exiztone
    Nice work man :)
    One bad thing is my mother wants to use this too, on her own computer, which happens to be a mac *shudders* ;)

has she tried http://www.biggerplanet.com/pppremier/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 moose

I think this one takes some beating for freeware.
    Link:

moose

:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement