Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Be cautious.

Options
  • 06-09-2002 6:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

I would just like to remind people of the long term problems with this.UTV are a british company and all of the profits from this are going back into N Ireland.At least with esat were helping to move along internet packages in IRELAND.There is also a lot of catches with the service (the voice service is not really that good).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

UTV are based in Belfast, Cork and Dublin - they are the second most watched channel south of the border.

They are as Irish as... stew.

And even if they are British, why refuse to buy a product from them? They're giving us what we need, and now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

lunar superstar, esat are now de-facto british :)

Taking your logic, we should have no outside competition, lets say goodbye to sky then as well :D

I dont care who offers a cheaper servce, whether its a company from outer mongolia, it means more money in my pocket !!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Originally posted by Lunar superstar
    I would just like to remind people of the long term problems with this.UTV are a british company and all of the profits from this are going back into N Ireland.At least with esat were helping to move along internet packages in IRELAND.There is also a lot of catches with the service (the voice service is not really that good).

What a pathetic post.

UTV are probably the most Irish Comms company compaired to Eircom & Esat BT.

Eircom are owned mainly by Venture Capitalists out of New York and headed by someone who calls himself "Sir".

ESAT are part of BT which was a british based company last time I checked.

Must try harder lunar - F

By the way I have signed up, I don't care if they only save me €10 as long as Eircom are not making as much off me I'm satisfied. (Btw according to my calculations its going to save me between €80-€100 every 2 months :))

Man they are cutting back alot if thats the best that ESAT BT Marketing can muster. Well then again Eircom drones haven't even tried to post yet, they must have sold their puters on them.

Gandalf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Ba$tard

Lunar-s,

I like buying Irish believe me, but when we are getting blatently RODGERED by our own companies mainly due to our corrupt chicken-$hit government, I have no hesitation to buy foreign, espically when its the consumer that wins, not the revenue commissioners or Telco millionaire shareholders.......
    {bring on Euro-wide car insurance! }
    UTV.....wanna start Car insurance? believe me...ye will clean up :)

A big two fingers to the government....99% pure irish a4$eholes...

Gurramok, the download speeds you get from the Outer Mongolian ISP must be prety nasty :D

Bring on the village idiots....Bernie and the Bozos :mad:

kill -9 'ps -ef | grep -i rant | awk ' { print $2 }'

J.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

go back to the moon u l00dramawn

they are entirely owned by new york merchant bankers except for 5% owned by oreilly, knight of her majesties realm and duzzint he want all of ireland to know it too.

move this to a skanger forum

mod pls

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Dazzer

I don't think he's being rascist here lads I just think he is poorly educated on the subject.

What he is basically saying is that if you go for the UTV package then the money will goto the U.K. and if you go for the Esat package the money will go back into the Irish telecom system.

As most people here know this is complete bull****.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

I would just like to remind people of the long term problems with this.UTV are a british company and all of the profits from this are going back into N Ireland.At least with esat were helping to move along internet packages in IRELAND.

"the zenith of mongoloid reasoning"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

that is the stupidest thing I've ever heard.
    Some of us have been screaming for a flat rate product for quite a while now, and UTV have come up with it, and you claim that we shouldnt accept this miracle because they're 100% british, which they're not.

You should be shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

You should be shot.

lets not be too hard on the poor oul lunar superstar

(edited - no need to get insulting)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Lunar superstar

i couldnt care less what you all think do you really think that package wont have the same repercussions as no limits if ya dont you really are all stupid what are ya gonna do when it goes down form utv off line yipee even though esat is owned by bt the money regenerates around ireland and that is a fact im not being racist i just think that if we keep the money flowing through ireland we have a better chance of gettin what we want umetered internet access:p :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

godgivenright.jpg

aaahhh, aint played one in ages :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Holy crap you're dumb. The money has been "circulating" around Ireland for years now, and what's it got us? F*ck all.

And for the last time, UTV is just as Irish, if not more, than both eircom and Esat.

In future, how about you read the replies to your posts please.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,500 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

i couldnt care less what you all think do you really think that package wont have the same repercussions as no limits if ya dont you really are all stupid what are ya gonna do when it goes down form utv off line yipee even though esat is owned by bt the money regenerates around ireland and that is a fact im not being racist i just think that if we keep the money flowing through ireland we have a better chance of gettin what we want umetered internet access:p :p
    Deep breaths. Punctuation, please. I hear that putting a sentence all in caps makes it even easier to read. Might be useful for your next meaningless rant.....

- Dave.

lads lads lads can we not have a civilised discussion without having to retort to ''you should be shot'' and the like im entitled to an opinion(which is not a meaningless rant-dave) just like the rest of you here bullyboy tactics will get ye no-where

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Nuphor

lads lads lads can we not have a civilised discussion without having to retort to ''you should be shot'' and the like im entitled to an opinion(which is not a meaningless rant-dave) just like the rest of you here bullyboy tactics will get ye no-where

How old are you? And, err, is this a troll?

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

You'll be taken a lot more seriously if you learn to punctuate your posts.

You didn't express an opinion, you offered a conclusion based on ignorance. Worse again, you failed to take into account the evidence that directly contradicts your conclusion.

UTVi are an Irish company, quoted on the Irish Stock Exchange. What more do you want? What makes British Telecom more Irish than that?

Do yourself a favour, bow out of the discussion before you make yourself look even more ridiculous.

Originally posted by oscarBravo

You'll be taken a lot more seriously if you learn to punctuate your posts.

You didn't express an opinion, you offered a conclusion based on ignorance. Worse again, you failed to take into account the evidence that directly contradicts your conclusion.

UTVi are an Irish company, quoted on the Irish Stock Exchange. What more do you want? What makes British Telecom more Irish than that?

Do yourself a favour, bow out of the discussion before you make yourself look even more ridiculous.

oh really are people gonna take me seriously now??
    do you all use similar bully boy tactics with anyone who wants to offer an opinion that isnt identical to your own.Well good luck i think ill go find a real discussion board bye de bye now

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Nuphor

oh really are people gonna take me seriously now??
    do you all use similar bully boy tactics with anyone who wants to offer an opinion that isnt identical to your own.Well good luck i think ill go find a real discussion board bye de bye now

Jesus, he's about twelve. Somebody ought to lock this..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Lads, do yis not know a troll when you see one?

*shakes head sadly*

Dont feed him :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement