Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Undo a dual bootie

• 06-09-2002 7:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭

I want to undo a dual boot do i just leave the boot.ini file there n nuke the unwanted or is there a sexy0r way of doing it? ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

I'd normally just remove the line from boot.ini

Although sometimes you can get some hangover bits. I installed XPpro over win2kpro without deleting the filesystem and was left with the win2k bootloader as a hangover from the original install. Not too bothered tho. It'll be gone this time next weeks when I get a replacement HDD and it will be win2kpro and linux.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭GUI

theres a techie method to remove the dual boot loader from the mbr and set whatever u want as the booting os in the mbr..

if ur interested?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Ok i've 98 n XP home installed, was told the xp was hax0red but wasn't, expired n now i want to nuke it. (shaddup i know my own fault :P)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

tut tut, knowingly using pirated microsoft material

• Advertisement
Advertisement