Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Declaring mods

Options
  • 06-09-2002 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭

Yesterday I placed a 57i intake on my 1.4 Xsara, not a huge increase in performance over k&n filters but there is a nice base tone at full throttle and I am wondering about what to tell the insurance companies. From a pedantic point of view it isnt technically an engine modification as it changes the piping before the throttle body but if it must be declared to maintain cover the phone call must be made. Asking anyone who has done similiar procedures what can I expect the insurance company (hibernian) to say? If I must pay more how much more?
    Also must every mod be declared or just those which increase power output?

Cheers in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Mailman

I added a stage one performance exhaust and K&N air filter to my Rover Mini Cooper Sport.
    I'm provided the details of the modification to One Direct who are a broker for Hibernian before fitting(I printed off the web page where the exhaust was advertised).
    They said I needed to get the exhaust fitted by a garage and provide a stamped receipt for the work done in order for the work to be approved even though I could have fitted the exhaust myself.
    They didn't increase my premium.
    I'd guess my performance has increased by something like 5-8bhp and the car revs more freely.
    I guess that they wanted to be accomodating as most people are frightened to declare modifications.

Advertisement