Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster TV flat rate offered for all Ireland

Options
  • 06-09-2002 5:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭

I just got off the UTV flat rate package application page where I applied for their €29.99 a month off-peak flat rate deal. I'm hoping it is real. The fine print ("Terms and Conditions") said their dial up number was a Dublin number, but when I telephoned UTV's Internet help desk they said there will be a toll-free number to dial up. Other conditions is that they want to be paid by credit card/debit card/direct debit, and they want a month's notice before you cancel the service and you have to do that in writing and the cancellation is effective some 2 months after you write. Still, it's better than paying Eircom through the nose for the 1891 dial up and pay up service.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭TomF

I must have been too excited to note that I'm in Cork, and the Irish Times has the story on the all-Ireland flat rate package in today's paper (Friday, September 6, 2002) in the Irish Times Business this Week Supplement, page 7. "UTV offers flat-rate access to internet" by Jamie Smyth. The package is called UVPip.

Dang, I forgot to post the URL to look at the UTV deal. It is

http://www.utvip.com

UTV Internet's telephone number (from the Republic) is

048 9020-1555.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Em, haven't you noticed the one or two other minor posts on this topic?

I didn't see the other announcement, sorry. I must have just taken a quick look at the page and saw it looked the same as it has for the past two weeks (so it seems) and shot out the posts!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

You were obviously as excited as the rest of us are.:D

• Advertisement

Excited can't describe the glee I felt when I typed my Eircom account number into the box on the UTVip application form!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Since all the info her is covered in the other thread, im not gonna merge this.
    Hard luck, just a day too late :)

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭timod

Maybe the committee shoul send an email out to the IOFFL mail list. I'd imagine most members to not read these boards.

(not promoting the product, merely informing them of a major development in our objectives)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

boggle, thought i locked this :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement