Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5th year

Options
  • 06-09-2002 9:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭

Just starting 5th year and I'm interested in my 3rd education. ok in the UL it says i need C3 or higher blah blah blah. But then it says "Entrants also need a c3 or higher in physics, chem, ag. science........etc". Problem is my subjects aren't there. I'm doing App. Maths. So if I get high points will I still be allowed in? Just wondering because a year down the road will be too late!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭mofu

I was wondering the exact same thing!!!
    plz help
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

Applied Maths only substitutes for Maths really. For instance for eletrical engineering in UCC you needed a C3 in Honours Maths and a C3 in Physics but if you had a C3 in Applied Maths you could get by with a D3 in Honours Maths.

Its not too late to change subjects though or you could take up another one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

Yeah apparently its one of the hardest courses in UCC and I was told if you get anything less then a B forget about it. Looks like i'm going to have to work in college :( .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭SeanPuddin

No i'm not doing App. Maths for a degree its one of my chosen subjects for LC.

Eugh Seanpuddin please read what i wrote.

I got a B2 in hons maths and a B1 in applied Maths so i've been told i should be ok. Is first year elec eng hard daveirl ?

I really don't know much about the course at all really so could you pm/email me some details please

Moll

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭deco

To do most eng and science courses you need to do a lab subject (bio, chemistry, physics) of some sort...to gain entry it dosen't matter which one.

However if you want to prepare yourself for the course you should choose subjects that would be in the degree...

Applied maths isn't a lab subject therefore, by itself it can't allow entry into most science courses...

Shoose wisely my son...

Sorry I am not getting this:
    I wanna do webdesign and programming. So will I have to so a science subject to get into university so I can study that? I am in 5th year and I do have time to change so any help would be great,
    thanks

• Advertisement

Thanks I will check the course now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭SeanPuddin

Thanks guys it took a while but i got my answer!

Advertisement