Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

making a menu

Options
  • 06-09-2002 9:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭

How would u make a menu like the one above. When you put ur mouse over a link it brings up a menu. Would u use dhtml, javascript? I know u can download a menu maker but I want to know how to do the code and what language to learn?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Mutz

I Presume its Java Script the Lads Have Used (Tis Very Nice might I Add).

You Can View it by Clicking in the IE Toolbar: View :: Source

Then Its up to you to Find It

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

It's a dhtml menu. Dhtml = Javascript + Css

So your best off learning Css first (www.webmonkey.com ) and then javascript

Then you combine both and tada!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭SeanPuddin

Its all done in DHTML = A mixture of JS scripts and CSS files. Go to www.dhtmlcentral.com or www.opencube.com or .net I'm not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

JavaScript source: http://www.javascriptsource.com have lots of JavaScripts and many differant menu scripts on there site. You will find what you need there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭mofu

Thanks guys,
    I know a little javascript and I know css. I also know a little dhtml. I was just wondering what they used for it.

• Advertisement

www.opencube.com you can download a DHTML Menu Editor. Its really cool, but you need understanding of CSS to embed it in your site.

Yeah, I already have one, I was just wondering what they used for theres!
    And I know what dhtml is I have been learning it for the past 2 weeks now and I have known css for about 6 weeks;)

mofu you should chill, ok ur cool u learnt DHTML and CSS. But if you did how come u couldn't recognise that a dhtml menu.

Because i was too lazy too view the source. And sean, u shouldnt be posting here cause you knew I know what dhtml is:D I told you ages ago!!!

wot r u on about i don't know you so stop pretending u do. lazy b@stard. you couldn't be bothered looking in the html source, man you crap

• Advertisement

Yeah, whatever sean.
    and btw b@stard = batstard!!! Wakeup w*nker

right yeah whatever...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

it can also be created using CSS and DOM (Document Object Model) architecture.

Thanks for all the help:) I will check DOM out now.

Advertisement