Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

His Dark Materials 'Adult Version's

Options
  • 07-09-2002 12:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭

..looking on amazon.co.uk I saw two versions each of Philip Pullmans 'His Dark Meterials' trilogy. One set of which clamed to be the 'Adult Version'.

Anyone know if theres an actual differience in the text of these?

I've read what I think are the first two "adult versions", I'd hate to think the third book, which I'm half way through - and has a differint styled cover - is edited for the kiddies.

anyone know the differince?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭SweetBirdOfTruth

same text, different covers. for adults to read on the daily commute without embarassment. same as with the harry potter books. same as how the title of northern lights became the golden compass for the american audience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Yes, I was amused when they did that with the Potter books - god forbid that the moron reading the sun across the tube carraige from you might think less of you because you're reading a kids novel! :)

Advertisement