Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winmodem Woes...

• 07-09-2002 1:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭

I have a motorola chipset winmodem. it works perfect in my old PC, which is an athlon 750. The new system has an MSI motheboard, and the modem installs fine. Yet it wont dial up.
    Error 692 and it says there was a hardware failure.

I am just wondering is it the motherboard? MSI K7N420 Pro - which has a CNR slot, do i need a modem riser card for this motherboard? or should any modem work?

One weird thing is, when u goto modem settings and hit the "Query Modem" button it works fine, usually this means that the modem is working because the computer can communicate with it. I havent tried new drivers or anything yet. i need clarification on the CNR/modem resier card.

TIA,

Paul

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭longword

Try the card in a different PCI slot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

make sure you are not using area code and dialing properties in dial up networking

put a comma at the beginning of the ISP number, gives the modem 2 secs to wakeup before you dial.

M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

heya paul that modem sounds like somthn i once had couldnt get the bloody thing to work at all tho .. im guessing uve tried the above things . you prob have it sorted by now but just for a laugh uninstall/reinstall ? is yar cable working fine ? what about drivers ? ermm other things i rember about that ... non reely been ages since ive seen it

Advertisement