Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farscape Cancelled

Options
  • 07-09-2002 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭

I don't believe it, I love Farscape :(

http://www.aint-it-cool-news.com

Firstones

Petitions are sprouting up all over the place, sign as many as you can :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Kevok

Apparently this coming friday, all the sets of the show will be torn down. That means there is literally only 6 days left to save the show :eek:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

That is a pity alright. i was only watchin it on sci-fi channel the other day:( I think prehap's the story lines got a little weird towards the end it could have someting to do with the show being canceled

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

The Sci Fi channel are well know for pulling the plug on good TV show's. Babylon 5 was in a constant state of getitng cancled.

As far as I know there is still the best part of a full seasion to be shown on Channel 4 this side of the Atlantic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Ping Chow Chi

sad sad news :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭c0y0te

Rotten sods!

I've only just placed my order with play.com for the last box set of season 3. Now it looks like they are finishing up at the end of season 4? ?!?!?

Jesus - is there anything the yanks can't screw up.

/me fumes.

c0y0te

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Venom
    The Sci Fi channel are well know for pulling the plug on good TV show's. Babylon 5 was in a constant state of getitng cancled.

As far as I know there is still the best part of a full seasion to be shown on Channel 4 this side of the Atlantic.

To True but it's a bloody good thing they didn't pull the plug on babylon 5! it's without a doubt my favorite sci-fi prog of all time and it's shown on bravo all the time!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

OMG no way

The hole thing about FS was that it was wired. S3 was brill I thought

If your lookin for weird Sci-Fi you should take a look at LEXX now thats ****s weird!(yet strangely watchable;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Lexx owns tbh*

*so seh's drunken azezil

Lexx owns tbh*

Yes it does but sadly rumour has it, that LEXX won't be seeing a fifth season either.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭c0y0te

The sad thing is that in order for a series to be commercially viable, it has to have pretty much explosions every 7 minutes, cardboard acting / plots (that the yanks can follow without breaking their TV dinners routine) and happy endings.

Anything that deviates from this tends to run into problems..... Babylon 5 for example was almost cancelled as well, and now Farscape.

Any damn sign of an intelligent sci-fi show and it gets axed, unless of course it feeds the usual paranoia (x-files) or has the 'glam' factor of established actors/honeys which again, is a comfort factor for yanks.

Dammit - why can't we fund these shows elsewhere?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Season 7 of SG1 is now looking likely :)

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Highnoon

Say it aint so Joe. I was coming onto this thread to find out if anyone knew when it would be back. Never for one second did I imagine it would be cancelled, uurrggh I feel nauseous. One of the few progs I watched religously.
    I liked the way it was structured more like a soap than all neatly sorted into one episode bundles. Although I like Star Trek it's a case of ok we have 10 mins to sort this out otherwise it's a twp parter.
    Ah well maybe there will be an 11th hour saviour. Will go read the link now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

That sucks dick. Why the **** do they have to cancell all the good ****ing shows on tv, there are only a few of them anyway. ****s sake, next they'll probably cancell Oz or some **** like that(actualy, due to the uber-violence, this probably won't happen, luckily). That pisses me off severely.
    On a good note, however, according to the voice at the end of superman on monday(I wasn't watching it, honest), it's starting monday at 6:45, BBC2. Verified in the irish times magazine. Sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

About time too IMHO, I don't think I have ever been subjected to such poor make up and story lines in a single show. Well not since the original star trek anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭DrizztIE

i heard cause of budget cuts... go to Sci-fi and check it out...:D

I think you mean http://www.scifi.com/ ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Originally posted by Thanx 4 The Fish
    About time too IMHO, I don't think I have ever been subjected to such poor make up and story lines in a single show. Well not since the original star trek anyway.

Have to agree - the whole thing really didn't hook me at all. All seemed very shoddily put together :/

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Kevok

Shoddily put together?

The sets were great, animatronics (thats the one using romotely controlled robots aint it?) done by hensons studios were done really well. Pilot was believeable (won't comment on Rigel).

The stories were all breaks from the norm, and they didn't all have happy endings like a certain other franchise.

The be all and end all of TV shows isn't the special effects, sets or costumes. And with scifi shows the objective should be to fascinate the audience and entertain you in a sensible way.

Multiple explosions and flashy lights may fascinate some, but shows like farscape weren't made to tailor them.

And for that, it was cancelled :(

Originally posted by LoGiE
    I think you mean http://www.scifi.com/ ;)

.... sorry all,just was in a hurry and was typing too fast, forgot. sorry.

• Advertisement

Yes it does but sadly rumour has it, that LEXX won't be seeing a fifth season either.....

Why is that? LoGiE

Originally posted by Kevok
    Shoddily put together?

The sets were great, animatronics (thats the one using romotely controlled robots aint it?) done by hensons studios were done really well. Pilot was believeable (won't comment on Rigel).

The stories were all breaks from the norm, and they didn't all have happy endings like a certain other franchise.

The be all and end all of TV shows isn't the special effects, sets or costumes. And with scifi shows the objective should be to fascinate the audience and entertain you in a sensible way.

Multiple explosions and flashy lights may fascinate some, but shows like farscape weren't made to tailor them.

And for that, it was cancelled :(

So that's why "it was cancelled :("

Originally posted by DrizztIE
    Why is that? LoGiE

I would imagine it's due to cost...The Sci-fi channel owns Stargate SG1, Farscape and Lexx. Look on the bright side at least we can all watch the (constant) repeats:)
    By the way DrizztIE you can just edit your post to avoid posting three messages in a row;)

I would imagine it's due to cost...The Sci-fi channel owns Stargate SG1, Farscape and Lexx. Look on the bright side at least we can all watch the (constant) repeats:)
    By the way DrizztIE you can just edit your post to avoid posting three messages in a row;)

Sorry i'm getting the hang of replying to another member(s) or more than one member at a time... thanks for the info and I was replying to you and Kevok.

Happy posting

• Registered Users Posts: 4,148 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

On the LEXX front the last episode was shown in the states last week. They left it ever so slightly open to continue but without spoilers let's just say it wouldn't be the LEXX ye knew and loved.
    I never really watched it myself, but it seemed a lot like The Prisoner in mood.

Advertisement