Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

new tune

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

There you go, a good tune. I knew it from the moment it started it was going to be different from that other tripe (sorry) that you had me listening to. :)

The samples you were using had some depth, and the bassline thumped instead of tapped. As I was listening to it, I said to myself that I would probably play that, coz I've plenty of stuff that I could mix it with. Also while listening to it, I had an idea for a vocal that could echo every few bars, or whatever. Take the femal "yeaaaahhhhh" from Moby's "Go" (or something similar), and throw it on top of the melody, and see how it works. Now the sample from "Go" is only an example, but something solid like that might do it.

But that's a little trancy technoey, for me to go daft over it. Just to give you an example of my preffered style on the decks, have a listen to the tune samples:
    Maya Songs
    Existence
    Do You See Me
    Take Me O
    Perceptive Nature (if I'm pushed to play techno)

It's a little far from the Signum, K90 type stuff that seems to be all the rage in "Currently listening to" thread :)

;-phobos-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Originally posted by phobos
    There you go, a good tune. I knew it from the moment it started it was going to be different from that other tripe (sorry) that you had me listening to. :)

ah yes, the other tripe as played out by joy kitikonti in superclubs :p ah no glad you liked it anyway, few more real gems in the works

just listenin back to her now, theres a good few things i wanna change in it before ill be happy with it. like i really dont like the way the acidy bit kicks in, know what im doin to make that smoother. and im gonna out a breakbeat into the middle of her too

Originally posted by Helix
    i really dont like the way the acidy bit kicks in, know what im doin to make that smoother. and im gonna out a breakbeat into the middle of her too
    I was thinking the same thing. I thought I was listening to the next tune that will do it for me, up until the 1min mark, where it kicks off abruptly. Do what you have proposed above, and I'm sure it will get even better. I think you're on a winner with this one, but don't change it too much. For starters I like the melody. It's simple, but it works, and I prefer that over the majourity of over complicated tunes that are in abundance lately.

For simplicity, take a listen to some of the links in my last post. They are pure classics, and have done wonders for me in house parties, and clubs ;)

;-phobos-)

http://snow.prohosting.com/~pnelis/real/h3lx-xlr8r.ram

thats the finished one.

cant beat techno/techno tho, im not mad into the stuff i make. more into the likes of umek, ben simms, vitalic, northern lite, lexy, miss kitten, the hacker, jon carter, adam beyer, ignitian technician and the like

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

The beat is CRAP, sort that out. Sounds like a 30-second job in cubase. The rest is good.

you have to remember, youre listening to a 16kb realmedia file now sico

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

I mean the pattern as well as the sound. It gets better as you get into the track, but I don't like how plain it sounds in the first minute and a half or so. [/opinion]

yeah againill have to point to the rm file, coz i listened to it ther and you cant hear half the hi's, rides, and other various percussion at all:(

ill prob bang up the mp3 later anyway. dont really like putting up .rm as it deadens the track, and more or less kills the high end freqs

I love the breaks (keep them), but for some reason I still think the acidy bit (as you put it) comes in too abupty, I know it gets an introduction with the breaks, but it just pops out of nowhere, instead of something a little more gradual (not necessarily a fade).

I know this might be too much to ask at this stage, but could you try and use a different sample for the acidy sound. I had two of my mates listen to it, and they both thing that sound is pants, an ruins the tune.

You're starting to get an audience down here, so we're waiting for something good.

Also, do something with the very end, like a doppler effect that kills the tune like power loss to a deck (for example). It too just cuts out in the middle of something. If my player didn't have a timer, I would have been in complete shock.

;-phobos-)

• Advertisement

dopplers handicap mixing, so no to that. doesnt stop in the middle of anything at all, its just the same repeated pattern with no percussion for 14 seconds, i thought that would pretty much signal the end lol

ill give a different sound a go for the end bit, but im quite partial to a 303 meself so i probably wont change it

Advertisement