Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vb text box

Options
  • 07-09-2002 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭

I have an annoying little problem. I can't get a carriage return to work in a text box. I use Chr(13) to get the carriage return but all that appears is something like ¦ a little vertical black line. It's really annoying. Can anyone help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Mixie

Try vbCrLf instead then (tho yours should work afair)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

For windows you need a Line Feed character (10) as well as the Carraige Return (13) - vbCrLf does that -

txtStuff.text = "line one" & vbCrLf & "line two"

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Dont forget to set the multiline property to true as well :)

jc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭wish

also
    you can use vbNewLine

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

Thanks guys!!

I couldn't find that anywhere on the web!!

As you can see I'm just starting out with VB even though I'm a computers student for years now!

Whats the best place on the net for VB stuff lads?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

www.planet-source-code.com is a useful resource sometimes, despite the terrible layout.

That, google, and the programming board right here should take care of almost any question you might have.

Advertisement