Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recording from Box Office

• 08-09-2002 3:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭

I know sky have the macrovision protection on box office to prevent recording movies

i have 2 vcrs in my house
    one Panasonic NV-SD30 : this one cannot record SBO
    and then there is the Ferguson Videostar FV 80B : this one can record box office, dvds, (disney videos, video rentals when recording and the panasonic as the player)

what im asking here is if anyone can record from box office please reply with the make and model of your VCR
    the reason is that one i have is 8 years old and i want to get a new one and want to record from box office too :D

i also heard something about some device which can disable macrovision (the copy protection on videos, dvds and box office). does anyone know where i can buy one of those? and where?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by EricM
    i also heard something about some device which can disable macrovision (the copy protection on videos, dvds and box office). does anyone know where i can buy one of those? and where?

Maplin sell such an item. They describe it as something else (oddly enough) but I'm sure if you take a wander in, they'll know what you're talking about. Can't remember how much it is but it's not too pricey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Kramer

EricM,

You have a PM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Eric m,

you have another pm.

Advertisement