Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shopping Cart for an Irish website

Options
  • 08-09-2002 10:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi
    I want to add a shopping cart to my site to sell 4 products in euro and dollars. I have read many posts on this subject but am still unsure as to the solution.

Because I am only selling 4 products and I only expect to sell about 200 units per year across the 4 - I am looking for the cheapest way to put a cart on my site. I do not wish to pay a monthly fee or a large amount for a shopping cart package (e.g like the one from Eircom) and I would like the credit card payments verified by a third party with a cheque then issued to me with their commission taken off. I also want to stay away from Paypal because I do not wish my customers to be charged their registration fee and then have to wait up to 7 days to buy my product.

Surely someone out there with a small site has done this cheaply already? Is anyone using 2checkout.com?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

FYI: Although it may not be clear on the PayPal site, unless you have a bank account in England or the US you will not be able to withdraw your funds.

2Checkout.com is highly popular with a lot of online retailers.

We use a different company that has a credit card checking facility and a much more powerful online system which allows us to bill customers in practically every currency and withdraw via cheque or ATM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 CarrigHOST

Hi

oscommerce is a great free shopping cart available at http://www.oscommerce.com all you need is a place to host it

For cc processing try
    Revecom.com
    worldpay.com
    SFCommerce.com

Sean

Advertisement